Apple Music / Amazon / Spotify

Yet it screws the artists over.
I buy music, like any true fan would.
Think you’re getting yourself mixed up between someone who loves listening to music & a customer. If you consider an integral part of your music listening experience as handing money over I dare say you’re missing something.

By that token, you’ll have never borrowed a record from someone. By all means buy it, but whatever band you’re a “true fan” of, has decided to use this platform too & is reaching a wider audience because if it.

Had Spotify for a few years but also been using Tidal for the last few months on a trial price

For most music they sound the same, that is if you know how to play around with the sound quality settings in Spotify, but the Master albums in Tidal are clearly of a higher quality and lovely to listen to

I use the free version of Spotify and really don’t mind a 30 second advert.

For bands I like I still buy their physical product but storage of CDs and vinyl is getting to be an issue so these services are good in that respect

Think you’re getting yourself mixed up between someone who loves listening to music & a customer. If you consider an integral part of your music listening experience as handing money over I dare say you’re missing something.

By that token, you’ll have never borrowed a record from someone. By all means buy it, but whatever band you’re a “true fan” of, has decided to use this platform too & is reaching a wider audience because if it.
I have a massive collection of music that I listen to. I've never borrowed an album as none of my friends listen to the kind of music I like. It's not generally the bands that agree to be on those platforms, it's the record companies.

Got spotify family £15 a month which is excellent. Also got Amazon Music HD on trial.
On normal bluetooth speakers you can't tell any difference but got an Echo Studio when they were on offer for £159 and the quality difference is like night and day, the HD (especially the 3D HD tracks) are unbelievable compared to Spotify. I think Spotify are about to introduce HD streaming very soon, if so might stick with them otherwise I'll switch to Amazon Music Hd.

I've used them all, Spotify for years, until I started with Amazon HD (and UHD) and its definitely better over a good sound system or quality headphones in particular. Tidal is probably even better tbf but twice the price.

Back