apple mac desktop

anyone else have problems in getting their Apple Mac to connect to the home hub
other devices connect to the router straight away but mac can sometimes take 1/2 hour to connect
Apple advice on line is no good as it just seems to blame the route or ISP but as other devices connect straight away then it's not the router

IOS up to date etc

Macs traditionally just work, are easy to use and last for yonks. PCs are subject to very shoddy workmanship, full of cheap parts, need reformatting at least once a fortnight and tend to blow up unexpectedly. Hope this helps.
Marketing bullshit, the last update for the mac, had people that use them for audio fuming, because they couldn't use their apps or plugins, I read many forums, full of mac users that have mac's that just don't work, custom built PC designed and built for exactly what you're going to use it for, is the only way to go and way more bang for your buck.

Why do people pay way over the top for this shit?

Over the years I’ve had iPhones 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, a MacBook Air, a MacBook Pro, AirPods, AirPods Pro, Apple TV, an Apple Watch and a first-gen iPad.

Very rarely have they given me the problems my android using or PC using friends have had.

I won’t get another iPhone until they bring back Touch ID, unless my 8 dies.

Last edited:
Every single word is true. I know someone that almost lost an eye from an exploding PC.

One person had a PC that exploded therefore all PCs are put together shoddily?

If you pay the same money for a PC that you would pay for a Mac, you'll get one with immaculate build quality that's likely to be twice the spec of the Mac you were planning on buying.

We just got a Home Hub 6 and it connected to our iMacs no bother. One running OS Sierra and an older one still running El Capitan.

My first Mac was a new 1993 IIsi, then various Quadras, G3 and G4 desktops and now an iMac, and I've never had any real bother with one. Only real problem one was a Mac clone from around 1997 (I forget the make), which was absolutely rubbish. I still use my 1999 G3 Powerbook and it's still going strong...if a little slow. :oops:

If you pay the same money for a PC that you would pay for a Mac, you'll get one with immaculate build quality that's likely to be twice the spec of the Mac you were planning on buying.
Macs are inherently better QC’d than PCs overall. It’s true that well made PCs work just as well if not better. The problem lies in the fact that anyone can build aPC and there really is some rubbish out there.

I chose to use an iMac because I like it. Since Ive had mine,(2012) the Mrs has gone through 8 Dells.

Last edited:
Macs are inherently better QC’d than PCs overall. It’s true that well made PCs work just as well if not better. The problem lies in the fact that anyone can build aPC and there really is some rubbish out there.

I chose to use an iMac because I like it. Since Ive had mine,(2012) the Mrs has gone through 8 Dells.
How is she breaking a laptop every year?

The stuff inside the cases are exactly the same. Motherboards, RAM, Hard Drive/SSD, PSU etc etc etc.

But cheaper versions, obviously.

Everyone I know who’s ever had a PC has had problems with them. I’ve never had a problem with a Mac in thirty years.

Last edited:
anyone else have problems in getting their Apple Mac to connect to the home hub
other devices connect to the router straight away but mac can sometimes take 1/2 hour to connect
Apple advice on line is no good as it just seems to blame the route or ISP but as other devices connect straight away then it's not the router

IOS up to date etc

i know this might sound strange, and a bit out there, but have you tried formatting the fucker?

Complete and total utter bollocks. Made in China like most things.

The innards of them are identical to Windows PC innards. QC'd in the same Intel motherboard factory for example.

I'm in that industry by the way (as you know) and have far more knowledge of it than most knackers who like Apple stuff over PC.

Note : I have an iPhone by the way. Built by Foxconn in China.

Last edited:

Back