Apple Cider Vinegar

Supposed to suppress your appetite massively and encourage an early metabolic boost in the day. Probably a load of shite but if it isn't gonna make you ill then no harm trying. Can't be any worse than half the "fat burners" people flog

Supposed to suppress your appetite massively and encourage an early metabolic boost in the day. Probably a load of shite but if it isn't gonna make you ill then no harm trying. Can't be any worse than half the "fat burners" people flog
I’ve been fasting for 18 hours a day but it’s absolute murder trying to do my macros in the other 6 hours, so I read that if you do happen to break your fast taking Apple cider vinegar afterwards lowers your insulin more quickly to fasting levels so your body starts burning fat stores again.

Anyway, I’ve bought some so let’s see.

Just bought some as it was on special in B&M. Anyone tried this and noticed any benefits with your metabolism?
Two tablespoons full before bed, in studies, showed an overall reduction in blood sugar of between 6-12% the next day. Although I think that benefit is outweighed by the damage the acids can do to your teeth.

It's got to be the "with mother" one. That is the active, unfiltered bit that does you good. Don't drink it neat, it needs to be mixed with something as it can be quite harsh on it's own, apparently.

It's got to be the "with mother" one. That is the active, unfiltered bit that does you good. Don't drink it neat, it needs to be mixed with something as it can be quite harsh on it's own, apparently.
The one at B&M has 'the mother's in it. Not exactly sure what it is but it seems to be the real deal and is a third of the price I've seen elsewhere.
Two tablespoons full before bed, in studies, showed an overall reduction in blood sugar of between 6-12% the next day. Although I think that benefit is outweighed by the damage the acids can do to your teeth.
I have it in a glass of water

Last edited:
Yes, for about a year when I realised if it was of no benefit I never noticef any difference with or without it. Overhyped and overpriced, just like coconut oil.
Who did the studies?

Last edited:
Why are you fasting for 18 hours a day? Is there a medical reason that you’re doing this?
Just the way things are working out...I fast all day at work then go to the gym, then go home and start pigging out. Generally have a cookie or two on my way home from the gym, a shake when I get home, something nutritionally rich for my tea and then maybe a pint of skimmed milk and a cup of tea.
The reason I started doing this was that I wanted to cut weight...the reason I kept on with it was I was getting great results and also it was no hardship (stopped being hungry during the day after the first 3 days).

That said, my goal now is to drop another 4 pounds overall while building 9 pounds of additional muscle, so I need to be better with my macros. That means I will need to fast for shorter periods and Apple cider vinegar was suggested as something that could help me get back to a fasted state (or the benefits of a fasted state) more quickly after eating.

Just the way things are working out...I fast all day at work then go to the gym, then go home and start pigging out. Generally have a cookie or two on my way home from the gym, a shake when I get home, something nutritionally rich for my tea and then maybe a pint of skimmed milk and a cup of tea.
The reason I started doing this was that I wanted to cut weight...the reason I kept on with it was I was getting great results and also it was no hardship (stopped being hungry during the day after the first 3 days).

That said, my goal now is to drop another 4 pounds overall while building 9 pounds of additional muscle, so I need to be better with my macros. That means I will need to fast for shorter periods and Apple cider vinegar was suggested as something that could help me get back to a fasted state (or the benefits of a fasted state) more quickly after eating.
Fair enough, I wasn’t being nosey, judgemental or condescending, thank you for the reply.

I tend to fast from 8:30pm until 10:30am the following day. I did try extended fasting but I lost too much weight.

Back