Aphrodite Clothes shop

Used to work for Selfridges? Or at least had connections there.

No mate. He Worked for strand as manager and buyer for many years before setting up eleven. Works for John Smedley now.

He’ll have pals I imagine at selfridges now with him dealing with them through his work though.

:lol:
You can come then. It'll be worth it, especially if you know them. :lol:
Even better if you're the main protagonist. :lol:
Although I'm sure he was a mag.
I did know Neil , just to stop and briefly talk to if out and about , use to work in strand before that
Good pals with Neil and still see him regularly. He’s still in the rag trade after all these years.
Just noticed few posts before my reply
Neil was sound , haven’t seen him for couple years
It's been a while. Knew them both, one from Low Fell (iirc) one from Durham.
Neil (blonde hair ) was low fell
strand Was a great shop when Neil and keiron had it, on high bridge

Last edited:
I did know Neil , just to stop and briefly talk to if out and about , use to work in strand before that

Just noticed few posts before my reply
Neil was sound , haven’t seen him for couple years

Neil (blonde hair ) was low fell
strand Was a great shop when Neil and keiron had it, on high bridge

Yeah he still lives low fell. Kieron lives in London and has done for a good while now.
I worked there myself circa early 2000’s. Great shop. The fella who owned it Dave Dalby was a real visionary in that world !!

Last edited:
No mate. He Worked for strand as manager and buyer for many years before setting up eleven. Works for John Smedley now.

He’ll have pals I imagine at selfridges now with him dealing with them through his work though.
Yeah know he came from Strand, but he did (at least) have a contact at Selfridges back then.

Back