AOL recruitment team leave the club

Left a while ago. The recruitment policy seems to be Paul Reid putting on his socials asking people to DM him. I would never take a job at safc at this moment in time. It's an absolute joke.

Tweedy will be a proper miss. The worst out of the two.

CM hinted a while back that losing category one wouldn’t affect much. Cost cutting everywhere. Club will never recover from this ownership.
Let's not leave short out of this. He took every single penny of our parachute payments. Agree the current ownership have been an unmitigated disaster but this isnt just on them.

Let's not leave short out of this. He took every single penny of our parachute payments. Agree the current ownership have been an unmitigated disaster but this isnt just on them.

No the parachute money was used to repay the external loan to SBC. Short wrote off his debt that the club owed and the loan that was left was to a bank. It would have needed to be paid regardless of whether Short did it or Donald.

Theres always room for improvement and if that is what this is then it can only be a good thing

An emphasis on bringing the youth through long term like Southampton did could be what we need to get back up there. Obviously it needs changes in other areas too but it could be a good start

We've been flogging the youth at an alarming rate. Our 19 year old striker being exhibit A.

No the parachute money was used to repay the external loan to SBC. Short wrote off his debt that the club owed and the loan that was left was to a bank. It would have needed to be paid regardless of whether Short did it or Donald.
Ah. End result is exactly the same. All parachute money tied up paying short/debt. Debt accumulated under short's watch which was my point. Hes hugely to blame for this mess. As you know. Which was my point. As you also know.

Yep. Not what Methven said Whe he first came though.

'
Ellis short is enabling us to pay for the club over a period of time. If we had to pay him the full 40 million up front and then have to cover everything in the mean time then not any people would be able to do that. When somebody is owed that sort of money then they need to take some sort of security to cover the eventuality we turn around one day and say we are not going to pay you, and the thing that is most easy to put that security against is the parachute payments. So it's security for Ellis to make sure he does get paid out his 40 million but it's not like he's going to b here and the day the para payment arrives with a big sack over his shoulder. That's not the way it's going to be.'

Doesnt matter, the club can change and overhaul as much of the coaching staff as it likes, ive got no faith or confidence that it will improve anything.

Ah. End result is exactly the same. All parachute money tied up paying short/debt. Debt accumulated under short's watch which was my point. Hes hugely to blame for this mess. As you know. Which was my point. As you also know.

We’ve accumulated a minimum debt of almost 50% of that loan in barely 18 months of Donald’s ownership thanks to this FPP “investment”.

Short also converted about £70 million of loans into shares a few years ago as well.

Yep. Not what Methven said Whe he first came though.

'
Ellis short is enabling us to pay for the club over a period of time. If we had to pay him the full 40 million up front and then have to cover everything in the mean time then not any people would be able to do that. When somebody is owed that sort of money then they need to take some sort of security to cover the eventuality we turn around one day and say we are not going to pay you, and the thing that is most easy to put that security against is the parachute payments. So it's security for Ellis to make sure he does get paid out his 40 million but it's not like he's going to b here and the day the para payment arrives with a big sack over his shoulder. That's not the way it's going to be.'
10 months later, the same person, the parachute payments were always intended in this manner, we are under no obligation to pay it back.

Always surprised me that this never got a great deal of stick. Even now when they are receiving a fair amount of it. That, to me, is an absolute lie on record.

Isn't this the sort of project the 10 million investment was earmarked for?

It might not be a bad thing if we are ploughing serious money into it. Let's see what happens there first before the doom mongering.

Do me a favour. These "saviours" for all the wealth have not done a single damn thing yet. We heard about the "£10m loan" but as yet we've heard jack shit about where it's gone. These people are rapidly becoming as bad as Elis Short. What exactly have they done since becoming investors? If anything we've gotten worse since they came because they have refused to do anything.

10 months later, the same person, the parachute payments were always intended in this manner, we are under no obligation to pay it back.

Always surprised me that this never got a great deal of stick. Even now when they are receiving a fair amount of it. That, to me, is an absolute lie on record.

Then they call us stupid northerners because we don't understand business.

Back