AOL recruitment team leave the club

The article says they’re looking to replace with better resources. Plenty of things to be upset about at the minute but I’m not reading this as one of them.
Given the quality of the staff Stewart has hired so far, Academy players getting sold and the U23s performance this season I can only say I admire your optimism.

The only hope we have is that FPP are picking the replacements because frankly SD's record is f***ing dreadful

The article says they’re looking to replace with better resources. Plenty of things to be upset about at the minute but I’m not reading this as one of them.
Whilst I agree in principle, everything that has been “replaced” during SD’s stewardship (including managers, players and coaches), has been replaced with a cheaper, inferior option. You can forgive people for not looking at this as a positive.

Not cost cutting, an "overhaul".

I honestly fear for the academy if SD continues much longer.

Checked for other threads couldn't find any mention.

Isn't this the sort of project the 10 million investment was earmarked for?

It might not be a bad thing if we are ploughing serious money into it. Let's see what happens there first before the doom mongering.

Isn't this the sort of project the 10 million investment was earmarked for?

It might not be a bad thing if we are ploughing serious money into it. Let's see what happens there first before the doom mongering.

This should be a good test of integrity for the top. This was definitely mentioned as an area of improvement. Let's see if we see an overhaul which leads to solid additions.

I thought Charlie was saying the academy sides were doing well at junior levels so what’s the point in getting rid of those bringing the lads in?

I fear for the whole club, since the summer we've gone back at an alarming rate.

The austerity hasn’t stopped since being relegated from the Prem.

With Short seemingly writing off our debts, we had a real chance to overhaul the footballing departments, scouting, the academy and to build a youthful energetic side. To be forward thinking. Instead our recruitment has followed on from the days of Bain.

I thought Charlie was saying the academy sides were doing well at junior levels so what’s the point in getting rid of those bringing the lads in?

Theres always room for improvement and if that is what this is then it can only be a good thing

An emphasis on bringing the youth through long term like Southampton did could be what we need to get back up there. Obviously it needs changes in other areas too but it could be a good start

Back