AOB

Personally I’d put McGeady in that position playing off Wyke and give the wing spot to Jones
I think that is the key. Although he played a bit more wide he is essentially seen as a number 10 - we could play Maguire, McGeady or Gooch in that role and we'd be guaranteed to get more out of them than O'Brien - Gooch was poor today but had the best moment of the first half and kept trying to be positive. McGeady was tired but still pinged a pearler of a pass to Wyke who wasted it. For me, today was a fairly typical performance for O'Brien. McFadzean is our worst player but including O'Brien is an equal problem as we are worse team with him in - either play a more effective number 10 or play 433 with an extra CM.

what do you think of Wyke today? The header for the second goal was the first one he won all game. Two without a goal now as well. His contribution isn’t being scrutinized though. I think the standards are set differently for different players.
If yoy watched Wyke, him and McGeady were double teamed as soon as the ball was played to them. AOB on the other had plenty of space and time , he simply couldn't hold the ball up or find a team mate with a pass. In the first 10 mins he received the ball in space 3 times and gave it away , I know am banging on about him , but if this manager keeps selecting him then he isn't going to be here long term imo.

I don’t think he’s bad particularly I just don’t think he affects games as much as Jones, gooch or possibly even maguire would. He grafts and his touch is ok but he’s not particularly quick, never really looks threatening, never creates chances. Bit of a nothing player imo.
Bang on and confirmed today. Gooch is infuriatingly inconsistent too. Power needs to get him by the throat! Get the advanced sports science fellas on Maguire intensively

Back