Anyone travelled to the UK on compassionate grounds?

elder

Striker
Got a call last night to say my mam's quite sick. just wondering if anyone has travelled to the UK on compassionate grounds and how that played out. i would have to self-isolate for 14 when I arrived in the UK and also 14 days madatory quarantine when i arrived back in Oz (not sure if i would stay for 14 days in the UK). I also have to apply for an excemption to travel which should be OK.

There are flights available but wondering how reliable they have been as i've heard cancellations are fairly typical. Anyone got any recent experiences of short term, long haul travel...??

cheers

Aye did in August mate, flew back from Sydney.
Tried to pm you bit couldn’t
Flights were fine Etihad from Sydney
No need to quarantine in the uk if you’re coming in from oz
Exemption - took us a while... had to get Covid clear test to fly through Abu Dhabi

Last edited:
Aye did in August mate, flew back from Sydney.

thanks mate, i've emptied my in box now but thanks for the reply. looks like i can apply for an excemption to leave Oz that lasts up to 3 months for compassionate grounds without the need to buy a ticket, so might go for that and see what happens. even if my mam is released from hospital she's already in care so i wouldn't be allowed in to see her anyway.

thanks mate, i've emptied my in box now but thanks for the reply. looks like i can apply for an excemption to leave Oz that lasts up to 3 months for compassionate grounds without the need to buy a ticket, so might go for that and see what happens. even if my mam is released from hospital she's already in care so i wouldn't be allowed in to see her anyway.

Care homes would allow you to see your Mam under the circumstances even if it’s just in one of the new fangled visiting boxes that they have. If she is terminally ill you would be allowed to visit her both in hospital or in the care home. We sat in my dads carehome room while he was dying in June. The carehome provided masks, aprons and gloves for us to wear when we visited and we entered the building through the external door directly into his room and didn’t pass through any of the home communal areas. Hope your Mam makes a good recovery.

Care homes would allow you to see your Mam under the circumstances even if it’s just in one of the new fangled visiting boxes that they have. If she is terminally ill you would be allowed to visit her both in hospital or in the care home. We sat in my dads carehome room while he was dying in June. The carehome provided masks, aprons and gloves for us to wear when we visited and we entered the building through the external door directly into his room and didn’t pass through any of the home communal areas. Hope your Mam makes a good recovery.

cheers for that, it helps a lot.. appreciate it.

Back