Anyone still trawling the PS3 back catalogue?

Dave Herbal

Striker
If you’re not into online gaming and don’t need the kudos from your schoolmates, I don’t see any point in buying a PS4 when there are still so many great PS3 games kicking about.
I’m slowly working my way through those ‘Best ever PS3 games’ lists and there enough I haven’t played to last me a good couple of years yet. I’ve just bought 13 top rated games off eBay for the princely sum of £35.

If you’re not into online gaming and don’t need the kudos from your schoolmates, I don’t see any point in buying a PS4 when there are still so many great PS3 games kicking about.
I’m slowly working my way through those ‘Best ever PS3 games’ lists and there enough I haven’t played to last me a good couple of years yet. I’ve just bought 13 top rated games off eBay for the princely sum of £35.

What did you get?

I played all the games I wanted to play on the PS3 when they came out tbh. Only time I've touched my PS3 since getting a PS4 was to play World Cup 2014 (as EA couldn't be arsed to release it on next gen).

Mass effect 2&3
Deus Ex
Infamous 2
Dead Space 2
Dark Souls
Fallout New Vegas
The Walking Dead
And 5 Assassins Creed games. I only wanted 2 but there were 4 in a bundle.

I only get on around 10 hours a week these days, so something like Fallout lasts ages. I just spent 6 months playing Skyrim.

Last edited:
Plenty of good games and they are dirt cheap now. Got loads of ps3 games to play just don't have the time. Haven't switched it on for over a year but one day I'll get round to it.

Witcher 3 and RDR2

you'll be in a care home by the time you play them and that's a massive shame as they're amazing

Effectively yes I do the same. Xbox has the back compatibility feature, so while I do have an Xbox One I'm not really into online gaming. Probably 60 or 70% of the games I buy and play are from that era.

Still play a few but I was always picky in what I liked and stuck to them
Just play good levels here and there
My son goes retro occasionally .Vice city etc

kingdom of amalur is one of my favourite games, absolutely loved it. if youve not played that i highly recommend it

Witcher 3 and RDR2

you'll be in a care home by the time you play them and that's a massive shame as they're amazing

shite.

Not PS3 but Xbox 360, I inherited loads of games off the bairns when they went latest gen. I've got a Xbone but like y'all not really into online shite so it's kept me busy for months and months. They still come and steal some of the discs when they fancy going nostalgic on RD Undead Nightmare though

I'd recommend splinter cell blacklist. Best ps3 game imo

Witcher 3 and RDR2

Very disappointed in this. A lot of game time wasted moving around slow as fuck on a horse. The bounties are stupid and the missions aren’t that difficult.

Good story and great graphics but overall it’s pretty dull

Back