Anyone sold a house lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

germanyjim

Winger
We are in the process of selling our house in North Yorkshire and have found a buyer. The buyer's solicitor has requested that we get an electrical safety check done on the house which will cost us around £180.

Is this normal procedure? Anyone else have to do this?

We are in the process of selling our house in North Yorkshire and have found a buyer. The buyer's solicitor has requested that we get an electrical safety check done on the house which will cost us around £180.

We had to get one done as well as a boiler check. We sold our house to the builders of our new home like so not sure it is the same for a private sale.

I'm inclined to tell them that we're not doing it, I don't think it's a legal requirement.

Don't be surprised if the buyer pulls out then. I would want one doing if I was buying a house. You are meant to get them done regularly anyway.

Is there reason to suggest your electrics are paggered in any way

We moved in May last year. We had to get both gas and electric safety tests done. Estate agents told us it is a legal requirement to have them done for rental, but it is not for sales, however most buyers want it doing as it shows up on the survey if they haven't. Cost us about £110 for the electric test, then another £200 for minor bits and bobs to be brought upto current code, about £60 for the gas one which was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back