Anyone see the loon jumping off High Force

Bloke I used to work with was on holiday up there about 25 years ago when his son slipped and went over. He somehow survived and as far as I know he was the only one ever to survive going over High Force till now

I was up there on Sunday, like to walk up that way after heavy rain, to see the flood going over the force.
I was on the Penine Way side of the falls and saw this bloke and his mates in a group doing something on the other side, thought they were students doing field studies or something . We had just walked away when there was shouting and screaming , if I had stopped a minute or two longer I could have got some cracking photos and made a bob or two from the papers. Story of my life !

Is he mental or actually a decent cliff jumper? That spin was elaborate and suggests a pro.
Living life i suppose,clearly a lot of bottle and decent in water .Used to do daft stuff from height when i was young.Not keen on the water bit

Someone will see that and end up doing it and f***ing up
Could say that about all the dangerous activities out there

About 20 years ago some buffoon tried to wade to the island in the middle as he carried his 5 year old son . He dropped the bairn ,who drowned and the buffoon survived .
Supposed to be a canny keeper anarl

Back