Anyone remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleem Dar

Striker
...there was a cricket "show" on Sky a few years back. But rather than the counties it was more city based. I remember one match being Leeds vs Manchester for example and it seemed to be a forerunner to 20/20 as it was a shorter game and you got extra runs for hitting the ball through certain points on the boundary.

It was utterly gash, mind.

I cant remember that. However on a related note I used to love ''the pavillion end'' which used to be on at 8pm every wednesday night in the summer, around the late 1990's, tremendous show from sky. Also Gower's cricket monthly on bbc2.

...there was a cricket "show" on Sky a few years back. But rather than the counties it was more city based. I remember one match being Leeds vs Manchester for example and it seemed to be a forerunner to 20/20 as it was a shorter game and you got extra runs for hitting the ball through certain points on the boundary.

It was utterly gash, mind.

yep I remember them games if you hit it through a certain area it was either 8 or 12. Not many went through tbh, they then did them 20/20games at the milenium stadium as well which all helped start the 20/20 game.

yep I remember them games if you hit it through a certain area it was either 8 or 12. Not many went through tbh, they then did them 20/20games at the milenium stadium as well which all helped start the 20/20 game.

Remember watching England knocking it about for a run a ball then Shahid Afridi saying sod that, I'm hitting the roof :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back