Anyone remember Yeoman pie filling?

No lumps of fat or gristle, guaranteed.

And then they changed it to Tyne brand.

Now the thing is, I used to love this stuff, or most of it because I'm a fussy git and always have been where gristle and stuff is concerned, so this suited me perfectly.
My mother used to cook us a minced beef and onion pie or a braised beef one using this.

It was the closest thing to the real stuff for me.
I wonder why it disappeared. I've never seen it for a long long time.

Anyone have any ideas why they disappeared?

Or does anyone know of a brand that can guarantee this and actually taste decent enough to eat in a pie or whatever?
I know there's vegetarian stuff out there, like quorn and stuff but I've never found anything that tastes anywhere near what that stuff tasted like.

By the way I'm not a vegan or vegetarian. I just have this gag reflex for if I chew on gristle and due to me being a right strange get, it ruins my meal.

Now the thing is, I used to love this stuff, or most of it because I'm a fussy git and always have been where gristle and stuff is concerned, so this suited me perfectly.
My mother used to cook us a minced beef and onion pie or a braised beef one using this.

Or does anyone know of a brand that can guarantee this and actually taste decent enough to eat in a pie or whatever?
I know there's vegetarian stuff out there, like quorn and stuff but I've never found anything that tastes anywhere near what that stuff tasted like.

By the way I'm not a vegan or vegetarian. I just have this gag reflex for if I chew on gristle and due to me being a right strange get, it ruins my meal.
I'm exactly the same mate, bones in fish put me off a meal also.
Cooking for me is a nightmare.

I'm exactly the same mate, bones in fish put me off a meal also.
Cooking for me is a nightmare.
My son's like that. A bone puts him off, whereas I'm ok with fish and can just pick any bones out, even if I bite on one.
How crackers is that?

Yet my son can eat almost anything, even if there's gristle in mince or whatever. Mind you he doesn't seem to spend too long chewing his food and it's gone before I've got a quarter of the way through my meal, because I take ages eating and chewing.

It’s just been rebranded.
Logon or register to see this image

Sainsbury’s have their own brand minced beef and steak in tins

My son's like that. A bone puts him off, whereas I'm ok with fish and can just pick any bones out, even if I bite on one.
How crackers is that?

Yet my son can eat almost anything, even if there's gristle in mince or whatever. Mind you he doesn't seem to spend too long chewing his food and it's gone before I've got a quarter of the way through my meal, because I take ages eating and chewing.
I cant even eat meat off the bone. So stuff like ribs, chicken wings etc are off the menu for me

I cant even eat meat off the bone. So stuff like ribs, chicken wings etc are off the menu for me
I can't eat chicken wings but I can eat meat off the bone as long as it's well cooked.
Here's the problem I have.
If I eat a well done pork chop I can eat the fat and when I hit gristle and can tear it off and put it to the side.
However if that stuff is in a burger or mince or whatever, or even a pork pie, etc and I bite into it, that's me done. I give everything away and sit and stew over it. :(

Honestly I'm mental like that. My wife and kids just roll their eyes and smirk at me. :lol:

I have absolutely no idea, and no I haven’t. If you’re going to use tinned meat in a pie, just go the whole Fraey Bentos.
The issue is still the same.
My wife knocked up a minced beef and onion pie, Fresh mince. I stood there and sifted through all of the mince for any gristle. I found quite a bit and took it out.
The pie was lovely but I was always of the thought while eating it that I'd missed some and was just waiting for that bite into a bit...and this is the issue. It only takes this to happen and my entire meal is knackered.

I'm a right weird git.

Back