Anyone recommend me a new tv?

Ks 7000? Richer sounds have them

55 inch? Newcastle?

2 settees :eek::eek::D its just the viewing angle on this tv aren't good , be spending more than £1000 for a tv that does that

On the other hand, viewing angles suffer from washing out the picture when viewed off-axis - a common trait of VA panels. So, to get the most accurate image you'll need to view the display head-on otherwise images lack depth and colour saturation. Unfortunately, this is a compromise that is required to enjoy deep black levels and high contrast on an LCD display. You'll need to go for an OLED in order to have wide viewing angles while preserving deep black levels.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-samsung-ks7000-4k-tv-review

2 two seaters. Both pretty much in line as TV is in the corner

Sorry mate, thought I saw one in the open-box clearance last night when I was looking for my own telly. But its a 49". Totally understand that if you want a 55, then you want a f***ing 55 :lol:

Aye. Would love a 65 but would look farcical in the room (about 17 foot by 9)

49 would almost feel like a downgrade from a 46 (TV actually smaller).

What TV you bought?

Go for the 65inch E6V mate (last years) you get 3D (best on any tv) and he picture is just as jaw dropping!

Starting to get tempted at the cheapest OLEDs. Can I justify 1.5K on a telly? :lol:

Aye. Would love a 65 but would look farcical in the room (about 17 foot by 9)
49 would almost feel like a downgrade from a 46 (TV actually smaller).
What TV you bought?

Must admit, I didn't feel like I'd bought a bigger telly when I moved from a 10 year old Panny Plasma 42" to my new 49" set. Mainly because it wasn't any taller, and only about 2" wider due to the smaller bezel.
Still, its the right size for my room - 55" would have been, I hate to admit, slightly too big.

Mine is 49". You can guess what it is :lol:
Its great mind. Except the smart remote, which can be a faff.

Closer to 3.5k for the 65 inch E6V, but yes you can! We spend a lot of time looking at the screen so treat your eyes :lol:

The cheaper b6v 55inch is still AMAZING though as well if you aren't fussed about 3d.

Aye I meant a 55 inch b6. Not fussed about 3D like. What are the downsides of OLED over LCD?

Aye I meant a 55 inch b6. Not fussed about 3D like. What are the downsides of OLED over LCD?

Absolutely none. They make the LCD's as bright as possible to try and wow people but th me OLEDs are just better, hence the price difference.

If you want a cracking tv for not a lot of money the ks7000 is hard to beat, but if you just want the best, then OLED is the way to go which of course means you end up spending double (or more) in the process though!

Must admit, I didn't feel like I'd bought a bigger telly when I moved from a 10 year old Panny Plasma 42" to my new 49" set. Mainly because it wasn't any taller, and only about 2" wider due to the smaller bezel.
Still, its the right size for my room - 55" would have been, I hate to admit, slightly too big.

Mine is 49". You can guess what it is :lol:
Its great mind. Except the smart remote, which can be a faff.

How bigs your room?

The faff with the Samsung is id have to buy a central stand for about 40 quid cos of the stupid legs

Haha. Seriously though- when did TVs get that good? I thought my 9 year old Panny Plasma was decent but it looks like it was made in the 1980s compared to these.
I didnt think I liked the curved ones either but they look soo sexy

And they are not even showing it at its best. If you get them calibrated they are even better again.

I can't get away with curved mind. The viewing angles spoil them. Unless you're sitting watching straight on you've had it.

And they are not even showing it at its best. If you get them calibrated they are even better again.

I can't get away with curved mind. The viewing angles spoil them. Unless you're sitting watching straight on you've had it.

I went side on to a curved one and it looked OK. Might be showroom trickery though. We normally have the TV in a corner which curved will suit I think.

The other thing I noticed is the curved ones look smaller then the regular ones for some reason.

Had a look in PC World at the Teles- all the new ones look nice but the LG OLEDs- bloody hell.

Reckon if I dont tell the missus how much they cost and just ordered one i'd be OK?
Yeah the LG 2016 Oleds are sheer eye candy especially after an expert calibration

Back