Anyone recommend me a new tv?

if you've paid 5 grand you might want to, read avforums & try some of there setting's., I've not had it done but have tried some the settings mentioned on avforums & is happy with that.

https://www.avforums.com/article/wh...essional-video-TV-projector-calibration.10258

The obvious final question is, having got your TV or projector calibrated, will you notice any difference? The honest answer is that it'll largely depend upon how accurate your display was before the calibrator arrived. If you followed all the guidelines on the Picture Perfect page, the difference may not be huge but you will have the comfort of knowing that your display precisely matches the industry standards and thus reflects the creator's original intent.

Thats what I've used for years mate and believe me, they don't come close to a pro calibration. A tv may look AMAZING...as they are...but when you see the results on the laptop of how much they are actually out, then the different in the picture once it is finished you'll see why it worth the time and money.

Thats what I've used for years mate and believe me, they don't come close to a pro calibration. A tv may look AMAZING...as they are...but when you see the results on the laptop of how much they are actually out, then the different in the picture once it is finished you'll see why it worth the time and money.

only paid £800 for tv , so I'm not paying £300, the tv could break tomorrow & I'll need it done again. I know if you use all the equipment it'll do wonder's.

I'm happy with

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-ks7000-settings-thread.2044610/

&

tv colour etc is brill to start off with.

only paid £800 for tv , so I'm not paying £300, the tv could break tomorrow & I'll need it done again. I know if you use all the equipment it'll do wonder's.

I'm happy with

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-ks7000-settings-thread.2044610/

&

tv colour etc is brill to start off with.

I was of exactly the same view mate. I won't have another main tv without calibration now though. TV's elsewhere, bedroom, conservatory etc..I won't pay for those as they aren't watched anywhere near enough to justify. Main tv though, it's a requirement for me going forward.

I was of exactly the same view mate. I won't have another main tv without calibration now though. TV's elsewhere, bedroom, conservatory etc..I won't pay for those as they aren't watched anywhere near enough to justify. Main tv though, it's a requirement for me going forward.

I'd rather spend £300 more on a tv.

but next time I go on a amazon spending spree I may get one for my monitor then tv depending on price, I'll not spend £300 but buy the gadgets that'll sit there gathering dust :lol:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Datacolor-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KWVEWSWVWSKYWAK4RH66

• Expert colour accuracy solution for photo-/videographers and AV-professionals
  • Calibrating laptops, desktops and projectors with room light monitoring
  • Multiple Monitor setup for laptop, desktop and front projector displays plus option to calibrate all of your displays to a single target
  • Display Analysis feature for evaluating and comparing the performance of all of your laptop and desktop monitors
Datacolor Spyder5ELITE Colorimeter with USB Connector
by datacolor
29 customer reviews
| 8 answered questions
Price: £180.28 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details

Fair enough, I don't think I'd spend £300 to get an £800 telly set up properly, but if I'd just thrown £2000 down on a top of the range set, then it would be stupid to miss out on 20% of what it can do

I'd rather spend £300 more on a tv.

but next time I go on a amazon spending spree I may get one for my monitor then tv depending on price, I'll not spend £300 but buy the gadgets that'll sit there gathering dust :lol:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Datacolor-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KWVEWSWVWSKYWAK4RH66

• Expert colour accuracy solution for photo-/videographers and AV-professionals
  • Calibrating laptops, desktops and projectors with room light monitoring
  • Multiple Monitor setup for laptop, desktop and front projector displays plus option to calibrate all of your displays to a single target
  • Display Analysis feature for evaluating and comparing the performance of all of your laptop and desktop monitors
Datacolor Spyder5ELITE Colorimeter with USB Connector
by datacolor
29 customer reviews
| 8 answered questions
Price: £180.28 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details

But then that £300 more expensive TV will still be nowhere near as it should mate, you cant avoid it haha.

The guys who do the calibration properly have the right kit for sure, but they also have an expert eye. They know exactly what to look out for. An image which looked amazing to me was nowhere near, then hours later of tweaking and it was mind blowing. I suppose it's one of those things, you have to try it before you realise that its worth the cash.

I am looking for a 49" 4k smart TV but there are so many out there I just don't know where to start, my head is absolutely done in reading reviews. Got about £800 but would obviously prefer not to spend that much. All I want is a telly with excellent picture quality.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I was looking at this one but it comes with a magic remote (which I have no idea how to use and a few are complaining about it in the reviews) so would prefer one with a normal remote if possible.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dv...t-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-49-led-tv-10144965-pdt.html
Is this the right forum
I'm looking for a 49 year old 4"long tv

But then that £300 more expensive TV will still be nowhere near as it should mate, you cant avoid it haha.

The guys who do the calibration properly have the right kit for sure, but they also have an expert eye. They know exactly what to look out for. An image which looked amazing to me was nowhere near, then hours later of tweaking and it was mind blowing. I suppose it's one of those things, you have to try it before you realise that its worth the cash.

but the £1100 tv will be better than the £800 one :p how much is your tv.

if only i could be bothered to read up about gamut & gamma etc but these guys will have done a few TV's so know what there looking for. .

but the £1100 tv will be better than the £800 one :p how much is your tv.

if only i could be bothered to read up about gamut & gamma etc but these guys will have done a few TV's so know what there looking for. .

A calibrated £600 tv would more than likely be better than an out of the box £1500 tv in all likeliness! Haha. There or there abouts anyway!

Mines the oled65e6v, prefer not to think about the cost, more about how amazing coronation street looks! :lol:

I did try and clue up on it over the years but never gone into it enough. These pros will have done a lot of courses and stuff as well. Also develop the expert eye over the years. Plus have a load of tv's to compare against.

Just pay the £300 and be done haha!!

A calibrated £600 tv would more than likely be better than an out of the box £1500 tv in all likeliness! Haha. There or there abouts anyway!

Mines the oled65e6v, prefer not to think about the cost, more about how amazing coronation street looks! :lol:

I did try and clue up on it over the years but never gone into it enough. These pros will have done a lot of courses and stuff as well. Also develop the expert eye over the years. Plus have a load of tv's to compare against.

Just pay the £300 and be done haha!!

happy with it as it is.

watching calibrator on youtube with meter etc & going on about low DE

then read this about tv. so £300 may be waste, this may be why I'm happy with it & have said best tv ever had.

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

White Balance dE
Learn more
: 1.46
Color dE
Learn more
: 1.6381
Gamma
Learn more
: 2.15

Very low dE for out of the box which is excellent. Some TVs can't even get at that level after calibration.

happy with it as it is.

watching calibrator on youtube with meter etc & going on about low DE

then read this about tv. so £300 may be waste, this may be why I'm happy with it & have said best tv ever had.

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

White Balance dE
Learn more
: 1.46
Color dE
Learn more
: 1.6381
Gamma
Learn more
: 2.15

Very low dE for out of the box which is excellent. Some TVs can't even get at that level after calibration.

That's their review model ;)

They vary loads out of the factory.

I can tell you aren't onboard with the calibration but maybe one day mate haha!

Did you end up going for the 8000 as well? Better legs than the 7000 but I wasn't convinced it was worth the extra cash at the time!

That's their review model ;)

They vary loads out of the factory.

I can tell you aren't onboard with the calibration but maybe one day mate haha!

Did you end up going for the 8000 as well? Better legs than the 7000 but I wasn't convinced it was worth the extra cash at the time!

We Buy Our Own Products
Unlike most websites, we do not get our review units directly from the manufacturers. Instead, we buy everything ourselves, like a normal customer. It means our units aren't cherry-picked by the manufacturers, but actually represent what you would buy.

the ks7000(uk) is the ks8000(usa) model

We Buy Our Own Products
Unlike most websites, we do not get our review units directly from the manufacturers. Instead, we buy everything ourselves, like a normal customer. It means our units aren't cherry-picked by the manufacturers, but actually represent what you would buy.

the ks7000(uk) is the ks8000(usa) model

I just mean that every one you buy (wherever from) is different mate. A whole load of tv's from one batch will all be different.

Ks8000 is the next model up from the ks7000 as well mate, then the ks9000 the one up again. Then iirc 9500 at the top of the pile with FALD I think.

Back