Anyone recommend me a new tv?

Im not sure she'll fall for that like :lol:

Might wait a bit to see if the price drops a touch further. Even with the £100 voucher code, £1499 is a bit steep when im not desperate for a Tele.
Is that what they are now? Damn, I'm sure they were £2500 when I was looking at them with my jaw wide open - only a few months back.

Is that what they are now? Damn, I'm sure they were £2500 when I was looking at them with my jaw wide open - only a few months back.

Aye last years have dropped quite a bit to clear stock ready for 2017 models. They had the 2017 models in Currys as well. Stunning.

Im not sure she'll fall for that like :lol:

Might wait a bit to see if the price drops a touch further. Even with the £100 voucher code, £1499 is a bit steep when im not desperate for a Tele.

mine was £1400 last summer, got it at £880 black friday. if you don't need wait, I only got mine as ps4 pro was out, wanted xbox 1 s also for hdr but waited months for cracking deal.

Samsung has this week announced the first content provider that will support its HDR10 Plus dynamic metadata open standard, and it’s the Amazon Video streaming service. All of the South Korean manufacturer’s 2017 UHD (ultra high-definition) televisions – including the high-end QLED TV range – support HDR10+ out of the box, and there’s good news for owners of Samsung’s 2016 4K TVs too – a firmware update will arrive later this year to add HDR10 Plus support.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/hdr10-201704204456.htm

Samsung has this week announced the first content provider that will support its HDR10 Plus dynamic metadata open standard, and it’s the Amazon Video streaming service. All of the South Korean manufacturer’s 2017 UHD (ultra high-definition) televisions – including the high-end QLED TV range – support HDR10+ out of the box, and there’s good news for owners of Samsung’s 2016 4K TVs too – a firmware update will arrive later this year to add HDR10 Plus support.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/hdr10-201704204456.htm
Mint

You have their 2016 LED model mate, QLED is their 2017 marketing waffle to try and confuse people into thinking they are like OLED.
I was wondering where the term came from - I just assumed it was short for "Quantum Dot LED". Which I guess it actually is, but done in a cynical way as you pointed out.

I would imagine the 2017 QD LED tellies are better than the 2016 ones though, and so will be very good, no?

Best Panasonic you can afford.

Bomb proof and have picture quality up there with the best if not the best depending on exact model.

Edit - LG are second tier compared with Panasonic, Sony, Samsung.

Back