Anyone recommend a smart watch?

Looking for something that is good for measuring heart rate, and good at sleep tracking.
Hoping for something in the sales?

I've got the Fitbit Charge 2 and it does all of that. I'm happy with it.

Looking for something that is good for measuring heart rate, and good at sleep tracking.
Hoping for something in the sales?

Get a Fitbit, i've got a Alta hr and I love it. It's quite small and discreet which I like, bought a chrome strap for it to smarten it up a bit as well.

Why do people want to check their heart rate daily?

Or is just for when exercising?

For exercising and I keep an eye on my resting heart rate too. If it starts going up, I know I'm over doing things again and need to take it easy and rest properly.

Strange thread to have been bumped this, mind.

I never noticed it was an old thread :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
For exercising and I keep an eye on my resting heart rate too. If it starts going up, I know I'm over doing things again and need to take it easy and rest properly.
like when you move and stuff?

Having Apple Pay on your watch is handy... a bit too handy when you’ve forgot your wallet and you fancy a pint though :p
I do love the two distinct reactions you get from people when you use the watch to pay, one set of people look at you like its the coolest thing they've seen in their live and you're a god to them, the other set just look at you like you're a piece of shit they've scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

The latter group are jealous motherfuckers! :lol:

Last edited:
like when you move and stuff?

I do love the two distinct reactions you get from people when you use the watch to pay, one set of people look at you like its the coolest thing they've seen in their live and you're a god to them, the other set just look at you like you're a piece of shit they've scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

The latter group are jealous motherfuckers! :lol:

This :cool:

Work out what other peripherals you might want and if they work with your smartphone and other apps etc.

I think Fitbit friendly apps and peripherals are pretty much ubiquitous now.

I used to have a right clart on getting scales, sleep monitoring, cycling / fitness mapping and tracking all synching with my nutrition tracker and android smart phone.

Ended up going with Withings which is now Nokia but if I was starting from scratch now I'd go a Fitbit route.

I never noticed it was an old thread :oops:
Yeah fair enough, tbh I don't track mine so I'd have no idea even if it was higher than it should be, probably something I should look into

Yeah fair enough, tbh I don't track mine so I'd have no idea even if it was higher than it should be, probably something I should look into

It does change. It was around 60-62 when I was hammering the exercise in Jan and Feb. I've had a really stressful March and April and it's up to 68-71 now. It's still a healthy level but shows how much stress and stuff can affect you.

It does change. It was around 60-62 when I was hammering the exercise in Jan and Feb. I've had a really stressful March and April and it's up to 68-71 now. It's still a healthy level but shows how much stress and stuff can affect you.
I exercise very regularly, think that's why I take it for granted and I'm relatively young, but my job is stressful so definitely will have an impact.

But I agree with the levels of stress, can feel it come over you after a few days of non stop work and then out afterwards, need a day to recover.

thinking of getting a fitbit as I'm getting more and more pissed off with my withings / nokia set up and fitbit seem to have conquered the market entirely now

are they much of a muchness?

I want waterproof and sleep monitoring and time on it, not so fussed about the alerts... do they hold music?

Back