Anyone playing The Golf Club on PS4

This tournament PS4 only?
I'm not 100% sure on that to be honest, I think so, but I know the main tgctours is cross platform so maybe?

Try and find The SMB Club within online societies and request to join? I will keep an eye out.

So that's Round 1 of 4 done for the February tournament. Just a note that anyone can still join, it doesn't close automatically - you just have to play well and catch up for the missing week!

It doesn't look like it has updated properly yet in game, but basically we are assigned points for how well you do each week. Actual round scores aren't transferred so each week is a 'fresh' start. I will update on here once the info collates on the game.

Have just had a quick practice round for this weeks course and it's very good looking, a Swiss setting one. Seems a little easier too, last weeks was pretty difficult...

Last edited:

I'm not 100% sure on that to be honest, I think so, but I know the main tgctours is cross platform so maybe?

Try and find The SMB Club within online societies and request to join? I will keep an eye out.

So that's Round 1 of 4 done for the February tournament. Just a note that anyone can still join, it doesn't close automatically - you just have to play well and catch up for the missing week!

It doesn't look like it has updated properly yet in game, but basically we are assigned points for how well you do each week. Actual round scores aren't transferred so each week is a 'fresh' start. I will update on here once the info collates on the game.

Have just had a quick practice round for this weeks course and it's very good looking, a Swiss setting one. Seems a little easier too, last weeks was pretty difficult...
Thought it was weird it saying Round 1. Canny round for once from me -6.

Cheers. Mind I have been playing it loads recently.

Will be good to get more involved.
You doing tgctours? I have been trying to get more rounds in on that. It's just sometimes 4 rounds a week is a pain for me.

I don't mind persisting with the club we have set up on here, in time we can hopefully get good numbers...

You doing tgctours? I have been trying to get more rounds in on that. It's just sometimes 4 rounds a week is a pain for me.

I don't mind persisting with the club we have set up on here, in time we can hopefully get good numbers...
Yeah, shit on that. Challenge circuit E.

Also play in the pro and pro-am. Round always depends on how much wine I have had.

Any other clubs similar to tgc tours?

Yeah, shit on that. Challenge circuit E.

Also play in the pro and pro-am. Round always depends on how much wine I have had.

Any other clubs similar to tgc tours?
Not that I'm aware of, think that's the main (and only one). Know what you mean, sometimes I have had a few and try to blast a round in, never ever a good idea!

I'm in CC-C, would love to put loads of time into it, but just can't do it these days. My aim is to get my world ranking into top 1000 :lol:

Thought it was weird it saying Round 1. Canny round for once from me -6.
Just did -6 too, got a bit lucky as had a bad start.

You should have played tgctours this week, I went -26 and got a top 10 placing in CC-C. Means next week I get a shot at promotion to CC-B.

You would have won CC-E probably!

Just did -6 too, got a bit lucky as had a bad start.

You should have played tgctours this week, I went -26 and got a top 10 placing in CC-C. Means next week I get a shot at promotion to CC-B.

You would have won CC-E probably!
Oh just checked as I played tgc last week finished 10th with -27, still on CC-E.

How do you gain promotion? Never really worked that out.

Oh just checked as I played tgc last week finished 10th with -27, still on CC-E.

How do you gain promotion? Never really worked that out.
Well these are the rules in full:

TGCTours.com

I think the jist of it is that you gain a 1 week exemption up to the next tour level if you finish in the top 10% of your current weekly tour event. Next time you enter, you automatically play in the higher tour.

Finish above the demotion line (bottom certain %) you keep at that level going forward. Finish below, you go back from whence you came.

So here's hoping for a decent week next week for the two of us :)

Well these are the rules in full:

TGCTours.com

I think the jist of it is that you gain a 1 week exemption up to the next tour level if you finish in the top 10% of your current weekly tour event. Next time you enter, you automatically play in the higher tour.

Finish above the demotion line (bottom certain %) you keep at that level going forward. Finish below, you go back from whence you came.

So here's hoping for a decent week next week for the two of us :)
Aye read those, but finished above the exemption line so thought I would move up. Doesn't seem to have happened though

Aye read those, but finished above the exemption line so thought I would move up. Doesn't seem to have happened though
That only gives you a 1 week exemption up to the next level - the only way to go up a level automatically is to finish first.

Next time you play, you will be in the higher level - you then need to finish above the demotion line to stay there.

That only gives you a 1 week exemption up to the next level - the only way to go up a level automatically is to finish first.

Next time you play, you will be in the higher level - you then need to finish above the demotion line to stay there.
This must just be on ps4, as I couldn't find the 'ready to go' society on Xbox, although I'm part of the TGCtour

This must just be on ps4, as I couldn't find the 'ready to go' society on Xbox, although I'm part of the TGCtour
Can you have another look? Search "The SMB Club" - capitals exactly as they are, and see what you can find. I'm sure it's supposed to be cross platform.

Edit: I have just changed the privacy settings so that might have been affecting it...

Last edited:
Oh I got a sponsor exemption so playing in CC-D although first round shot evens, so in 96th place :evil:
I did similar, got an exemption for CC-B and shot -3, its quite an easy course though so average is about -5 after first round. 72nd out of 96 so far, so need to put together 3 solid rounds from here.

Are you aware that it's top 50% to keep in the higher tour? So you don't have to have a great score to do it, just literally finish in the top half of entrants.
Have you checked your score on the actual TGCTours website leader board? The in game one contains loads of people who aren't actually on the tour, so your position might be slightly better...

Back