Anyone playing The Golf Club on PS4

Yes you can play offline, the disconnections are annoying more than anything, but not a deal breaker
Cheers,I had read you had to be connected or couldn't play at all. Obviously somebodys been mistaken

Just set it away to dl, wifes at York for the day so all day on this when I get back and take the dog out.

Last edited:
Enjoying it so far like.

Putting seems a lot more sensitive, tap it and it seems to gan miles.

Like the new tempo thing too, nice bit of risk and reward to get the extra few yards.

Anyone made a society yet?

I've created one called Once_Were_winka's club.
Not very imaginative like haha. But as the motor says, "it is what it is"
Feel free to join. Someone could do an official smb one, I was just rushing through

There's a season underway, free to enter and easy. Haven't got a clue what I'm doing like

I can't do f***ing chipping like!!

Last edited:
In the last game I was ranked #155 in the world and in this new game I'm struggling to break par with the tour clubs. It now feels like I'm having to work to get a good score. I'm loving how 1 hole I hit it lovely and the next I'm dunking 2 balls in the water, it's much more realistic to me.

I'm volunteering @Mr Bojangles if he is going to be putting the effort into this one as he did with the first... ;):)

I'll have a look but tbh I'll struggle to find enough spare time to administrate it. What clubs are everyone playing with? I've only tried the tour clubs, I've no intention of dropping down to the other 2 sets.

There's a season underway, free to enter and easy. Haven't got a clue what I'm doing like

I can't do f***ing chipping like!!

Early days I know but chipping is completely different to the first game, I'm finding that the roll out is about 50% more than the carry. So for example if it says 12yd carry add another 6yds roll out, so it'll go 18yds total. Also take into account whether its flat, uphill or downhill.

Wind seems to have little influence on ball flight compared to the 1st game.

Downswing speed seems to be the biggest influence, slow tempo and the ball goes right, perfect = straight, fast=left. Backswing, do not pause at the top, start your downswing immediately.

Putting is also different, you don't have to pull the putter back as far this time out, keeping it straight is the key. Also remember the putt will break more if the green speed is fast.

Good luck out there boys, the game so far is ace and it looks like they've fixed the server issues and everyone is getting 5k coins as compensation:)

Wise Men Say Golf Society is officially open. It has been setup on XB1 and I've no idea if it's cross platform, so I need someone of PS4 or PC to see if they can find it and join, just search for 'Wise Men Say' emblem is a red and white lighthouse. It's 50 coins to join and the 1st tour has been set up at Crosstown Golf Club, which is our home course for now.

Last edited:
In the last game I was ranked #155 in the world and in this new game I'm struggling to break par with the tour clubs. It now feels like I'm having to work to get a good score. I'm loving how 1 hole I hit it lovely and the next I'm dunking 2 balls in the water, it's much more realistic to me.

I'll have a look but tbh I'll struggle to find enough spare time to administrate it. What clubs are everyone playing with? I've only tried the tour clubs, I've no intention of dropping down to the other 2 sets.

Early days I know but chipping is completely different to the first game, I'm finding that the roll out is about 50% more than the carry. So for example if it says 12yd carry add another 6yds roll out, so it'll go 18yds total. Also take into account whether its flat, uphill or downhill.

Wind seems to have little influence on ball flight compared to the 1st game.

Downswing speed seems to be the biggest influence, slow tempo and the ball goes right, perfect = straight, fast=left. Backswing, do not pause at the top, start your downswing immediately.

Putting is also different, you don't have to pull the putter back as far this time out, keeping it straight is the key. Also remember the putt will break more if the green speed is fast.

Good luck out there boys, the game so far is ace and it looks like they've fixed the server issues and everyone is getting 5k coins as compensation:)

Wise Men Say Golf Society is officially open. It has been setup on XB1 and I've no idea if it's cross platform, so I need someone of PS4 or PC to see if they can find it and join, just search for 'Wise Men Say' emblem is a red and white lighthouse. It's 50 coins to join and the 1st tour has been set up at Crosstown Golf Club, which is our home course for now.
Im know PS4 and can't find it :( will have a look online and see what's going on, this one was supposed to be cross platform...

Im know PS4 and can't find it :( will have a look online and see what's going on, this one was supposed to be cross platform...
For some reason Wise Men Say must come across as profanity and it gets displayed as Wi** *** Say :?:

Must've typed it wrong as its now showing as Wise Men Say, it's gonna be a bummer if its not cross platform though

Last edited:
For some reason Wise Men Say must come across as profanity and it gets displayed as Wi** *** Say :?:

Must've typed it wrong as its now showing as Wise Men Say, it's gonna be a bummer if its not cross platform though
I have set one up called The SMB Club if you want to search for that? I'm reading it's not cross platform though.

Anyone else on PS4 want to try and join it to see if it works?

I have set one up called The SMB Club if you want to search for that? I'm reading it's not cross platform though.

Anyone else on PS4 want to try and join it to see if it works?
I'll join the smb one later, I've got 3 rounds of an AVF one that I'll struggle to complete, charged me a bastard 1000 pieces of eight to enter aswell

Just had a round and was knocking in 20ft+ putts only for my shit chipping to let me down later:evil:

I'll join the smb one later, I've got 3 rounds of an AVF one that I'll struggle to complete, charged me a bastard 1000 pieces of eight to enter aswell

Just had a round and was knocking in 20ft+ putts only for my shit chipping to let me down later:evil:
Aye the chipping in an issue for me so far. Sometimes it just stops dead, other times flies by the pin. What clubs you using? Straight in using the Tour ones for me...

I've sent a joined request.

God I don't know how I haven't smashed my controller yet, dunno whether to love or hate this game. Playing a links course as an Avf forum event and the greens are sending me owa:evil:
Gunna have to switch it off for a bit and breath

I have accepted 3 requests to join the club, but it's not showing any members :confused: I know there are issues with the servers apparently so we might have to be patient while they iron (whey, golf pun) them out.

Got no idea how to set up events/tours going forward so would be open for any advice. Going to set up a couple of practice events this week for the club just to see how it works. That's if they sort out these issues...

Anyone having trouble seeing their stats? There's nothing at all there when I go to career stats, but if I go to a friends they are all there

Anyone having trouble seeing their stats? There's nothing at all there when I go to career stats, but if I go to a friends they are all there
Sounds like its the issue they are having with servers - looking like a lot of bugs and glitches are around and hopefully they will get them sorted asap...

@Mr Bojangles just read something on TGC Tours forum that says the official societies are cross platform (so not the ones user created). Haven't looked at them yet, but if there is a smaller, perhaps UK based one, then we can all join the same one if agreed? Then at least people from here can all be in the same one, it's just a shame that it will have others in it too...

Back