Anyone playing The Golf Club on PS4

no its actually really easy. The swing using the stick is nice and simple.
the tricky part comes with judging putts on the green.

Thats when you move the yellow marker to judge the correct pace, uphill putts move it away from you and downhill move it closer. Also check to see what the speed of the green is, thats the figure in the top right corner when you select your putter. 187 is the fastest green speed and I think 113 is the slowest

Lads, you do know this game is cross platform so as long as you don't set a tour up as private then anyone can play it be it on xbox, pc, or ps4. I've got the game on pc and xbox.

I'm ranked #156 in the world at www.tgctours.com so if anyone wants any help or advice, just give me a shout. Been playing the game for 18 months now and definitely got me moneys worth out of it lol
I'm going to set up a "Ready To Go - May" tournament/tour for, um, May so will follow your advice and not restrict it. Again, this is perhaps a warm up for the second game, but if everyone gives this a go we can see where we are numbers wise.

I will do 10 rounds or something so it can last the month. Might just do top 10 rated courses or something. Noticed there was a Northumbria course on it today, might hoy that in.

I'm going to set up a "Ready To Go - May" tournament/tour for, um, May so will follow your advice and not restrict it. Again, this is perhaps a warm up for the second game, but if everyone gives this a go we can see where we are numbers wise.

I will do 10 rounds or something so it can last the month. Might just do top 10 rated courses or something. Noticed there was a Northumbria course on it today, might hoy that in.

Added you yesterday

And someone's created Sharpley up bear Houghton and Seaham

The sharpley one is scarily accurate :lol:

Hoy my course on there if you want. It won a course design contest back in January. It's called The Low Course at St Bedes. There's a good selection of courses to pick from here http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/10887/kesslers-new-top-50-courses
Just giving it a go now - edit: was going to give it a go, but don't have collector's edition upgrade :(
Will browse them to maybe add some for the tour, as above though, a few from here only have standard edition so don't want to include premium courses.
Added you yesterday

And someone's created Sharpley up bear Houghton and Seaham

The sharpley one is scarily accurate :lol:
Aye, thought it was you. Welcome :)

Think this has potential going forward, we are getting there with numbers.

Last edited:
Played my first 2 rounds last night - putting is a lot easier than i thought it would be. Although my main issue is getting the fucker to go straight with a decent amount of power. +22 and +24 for my first 2 rounds!!

The commentary guy is a tosser anarl - taking the piss out of my shit golf!!

Quite enjoyable though. Also is there a tutorial of any kind for this game?

Played my first 2 rounds last night - putting is a lot easier than i thought it would be. Although my main issue is getting the fucker to go straight with a decent amount of power. +22 and +24 for my first 2 rounds!!

I would honestly say those scores are about average for first goes. Concentrate on hitting shots straight firstly. Advice for hitting 100% power, hold the swing at the very top for a split second (or even longer), don't try to hit your shot as fast as possible. Give this a few goes and you will see what I mean, and get it right.

As for tutorials, nope absolutely nothing. Playing and practice is all it is, this game is all about 'feel' - especially around the greens. A few more rounds and you will see your scores plummet...

It's actually really good but I bet there are ways to break the game like

If you end up in the shit it's hard to save par good challenge

Nout worse than hitting a shot 80% power by accident into the heavy rough or even water

The tgc tour qschool first hole walked off with a 9 thanks to two 80 preventers into the water

Downhill putts are rock too

Might get this if I can find it for a decent price, seems right up my street. Forum tournaments or even a league could be canny.

I would honestly say those scores are about average for first goes. Concentrate on hitting shots straight firstly. Advice for hitting 100% power, hold the swing at the very top for a split second (or even longer), don't try to hit your shot as fast as possible. Give this a few goes and you will see what I mean, and get it right.

As for tutorials, nope absolutely nothing. Playing and practice is all it is, this game is all about 'feel' - especially around the greens. A few more rounds and you will see your scores plummet...
Cheers - have found some videos on the golf club website http://thegolfclubgame.com/category/video/tutorials/ theres some stuff buried in amongst the course designer stuff.

Must say that although it was hard i actually enjoyed it!! looking forward to having another go later.

right so what do i need to do to get onto the SMB tours? i'll probably be shite but it'll be a laugh!

Last edited:
are there any tours going while I wait for my TGCtours card?
I'm going to put up a 10 event tour for May, won't get it up until the weekend though. Hopefully we get good numbers doing it.

Cheers - have found some videos on the golf club website http://thegolfclubgame.com/category/video/tutorials/ theres some stuff buried in amongst the course designer stuff.

Must say that although it was hard i actually enjoyed it!! looking forward to having another go later.

right so what do i need to do to get onto the SMB tours? i'll probably be shite but it'll be a laugh!
I did some if you search for "Ready To Go" and I did "SMB Masters" but wasn't too sure what I was doing and they had time limits on them. Wont be doing that from now...

Feel free to have a mess around with competition creation, others will probably be better at it than me.

I'm impatient and might do the May one tonight...

Hoy my course on there if you want. It won a course design contest back in January. It's called The Low Course at St Bedes. There's a good selection of courses to pick from here http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/10887/kesslers-new-top-50-courses
Cheers for that - I have put some from there in our tour. Well done on getting yours on the list! Might have to upgrade to have a go :lol:

Ok have published the May event. Just search for "Ready To Go - May". No time limit, open for cross platform etc. Easy first round to get settled in, hopefully more tricky as it goes on...

Good luck all.

Last edited:

Plenty of tips to be found here, in particular the putting tips http://tgctours.proboards.com/board/35

are there any tours going while I wait for my TGCtours card?
If you look on the community section of the tgct forums you'll find loads of tour events.

I'll have to check out the Sharpley recreation. I wonder who created it?

Last edited:
Joined the tour and played 2 rounds. Miles over par. Really struggling to hit the fucker at full power. It'll come with practice!!

Back