Anyone played against premier league players as a youngster?

Slugster

Full Back
I played against Andy todd twice,he was centre half and I scored 4 one game and 3 the next, also a few others I will reveal later

At high school I played with Gary Walsh, who was Man Utd's goalkeeper for a few seasons. Mind you, it was cricket I played with him - I had no idea that he was a footballer!

Played against Robert Ullathorne, Daryl Sutch, Ruel Fox, Jeremy Goss & Darren Eadie in a charity game in Norwich. They were still quality.

Played against Robert Ullathorne, Daryl Sutch, Ruel Fox, Jeremy Goss & Darren Eadie in a charity game in Norwich. They were still quality.

That's reminded me, I played against Robbie Ullathorne when he was a kid playing for Goole Youth Club. It was u11 but he'd have officially been u8 or u9 and was tiny. He came on as a sub and scored 4 :lol:He was like lightning.

He was more of a defender as a pro which makes you wonder how good the ones who make it as strikers were/are.

His brother Andy wasn't bad either, he got to semi-pro I think.

That's reminded me, I played against Robbie Ullathorne when he was a kid playing for Goole Youth Club. It was u11 but he'd have officially been u8 or u9 and was tiny. He came on as a sub and scored 4 :lol:He was like lightning.

He was more of a defender as a pro which makes you wonder how good the ones who make it as strikers were/are.

Class mate glad someone else can remember him. He was still pretty quick as a 40 year old!

It's crazy how even a small step up in level the difference.

Nothing close to some of the names here but I'm sure a few of you will know about Hetton Lions. Played them in a Sunday League cup game and we got absolutely minced - and those lads were mostly northern league standard I believe

Back