Anyone Painted Kitchen Bench tops?

VXi

Midfield
Lost Magpie
Thinking of painting rather than replacing. Going to experiment on the utility room bench. Would I needs certain typeof paint and a certain finish to protect the surface.

Yes, I'm a decorating numpty! But, looks like lockdown has gave me another 6//8 weeks to kill.

Painted the units and carcasses many times but never the tops, just replace them as not that expensive.

This. Just painted daughters bedroom units n added new handles with canny results but a daily used worktop is another matter. Only about £60 a length is nowt flash.

Painted the units and carcasses many times but never the tops, just replace them as not that expensive.

My cousin and her husband had this done. Some bloke came out masked every thing up then spayed them. It looked a good job but I think he’s been back out a couple of times. Touching up corners and that. I think work tops would get scratched to bits. Waste of time.

This. Just painted daughters bedroom units n added new handles with canny results but a daily used worktop is another matter. Only about £60 a length is nowt flash.
We have done kitchen a few times and the bedroom furniture this summer, respired the handles or replaced all good enough for another year or so.
My cousin and her husband had this done. Some bloke came out masked every thing up then spayed them. It looked a good job but I think he’s been back out a couple of times. Touching up corners and that. I think work tops would get scratched to bits. Waste of time.
we just do ourselves. agree on tops be a mess in days.

considering you can spill owt on them and get it off quite easy i think they'd look awful and the paint would just come off ,the prep to get the paint to hold would take forever

Thinking of painting rather than replacing. Going to experiment on the utility room bench. Would I needs certain typeof paint and a certain finish to protect the surface.

Yes, I'm a decorating numpty! But, looks like lockdown has gave me another 6//8 weeks to kill.
Do a resin cover. Some canny looking jobs out there.

Is that the lad to ask for?
Oh no he isn’t.

Last edited:

Should be fine as long as the lead content is high enough ....
I have my doubts about this project
Are we talking work tops or bench seats ?

Last edited:
We (she) wrapped ours, cheap and easy to do, looks better than I thought tbf. When it gets damaged can easily do that section again. Will do for now as we don’t need a new kitchen just yet.

Back