Anyone own a property abroad?

We bought a 3 bed 2 bathroom in a functioning fishing village called Villaricos . We are 50 yards from the marina and 200 yards from a sandy beach . It's taken us 3 years, but I'm fairly confident we've done well because of the location. We will not be resident over there just gan when we want to .
Where is it near?

until you live here you aren´t aware of some of the amazing opportunities that lurk behind agents commission led patter.
The missus worked for one for about a year, and hated the fact that she was basically forced into lying to customers every single day.

Last edited:
Un peu! I can deal with pretty much anything in writing and I can make myself understood in most situations but I do struggle sometimes with comprehension. I am a little ashamed that my French is not much better than it is after all this time but I put that down to advanced age and the Breton dialect!
Got an A in French GSCE and though it meant I was quite fluent. A french couple asked for directions (I think) when I was in Spain with my family.
I didn't have a bloody clue what they were on about :lol:

Not far from me then. I'm just up at the Mar Menor.
We were looking at property up there in April . f***ing estate agents spent 2 days dragging us round a load of unsalable shit . Ghost towns, miles from the sea, miles from anywhere . Visit cost me about a grand .There are some really nice bits though, I particularly liked Santiago de la Ribera but we couldn't afford anything we liked .

We were looking at property up there in April . f***ing estate agents spent 2 days dragging us round a load of unsalable shit . Ghost towns, miles from the sea, miles from anywhere . Visit cost me about a grand .There are some really nice bits though, I particularly liked Santiago de la Ribera but we couldn't afford anything we liked .
They take you to the places where their commission is highest. :evil: Think the best way is to just have a holiday and travel about to see where you like. Santiago is lovely mind.

Back