Anyone on here keep ducks for eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wey man. Just poach the eggs in the water instead of fancying around with silly little bags. :lol:

Might aswell soft boil them in those handy little cases (let's call them shells) they already come in.
You can't compare boiled and poached man, you utter philistine.

I know. Why yous are fannying around taking an egg out of its casing just to hoy the bugger straight back into a bag God only knows.
To cook it to perfection is why - without the horrible runny bits often found in boiled eggs. It's actually less of a faff on. And less mess.
And in that case why peel potatoes, why cook food eh? :rolleyes:

I love duck eggs. Especially poached. They are a bit of a bugger to get sometimes as Morrisons don't stock them anymore. But I hope that you will keep them under the correct conditions. Sorry I can't help with what they are exactly!

I was in Waitrose the other day, and noticed they were selling turkey eggs and goose eggs. I was going to buy a goose egg until I realised it was £6.99.

Fair enough. I didn't realise he was Lord Lambton.

I've never even had one. Are they just like normal eggs but bigger?
An acquired taste imho. Not a big fan unless soft boiled and even then I couldn't get away with them all of the time. Much richer taste than hens eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back