Anyone on here called Alan that lives in Newcastle?

Onmywayallan

Full Back
Gets the train from central on match days? That’s important, hates the tram, will only travel on the train.

Drinks in Wetherspoons before games. Are you still on here Alan? You might be Allan for all I know tbf. Aged about 50 3 or 4 years ago.

Are you there Al?

Must be the youngest bloke called Alan in existence. In early 1950s was very popular- 1/3 of lads in my year at 2ndary school were called Alan. Why was it so popular and what went wrong

PS I’m not from Newcastle

My name is Allan and I live in San Diego. And I am one of the many Alan/Allan's from the late 40's early 50's. Oh, and let us not forget James Allan formed SAFC. My full name is James Allan <surname> and I think my Dad named me that (James Allan, not <surname>) on purpose. Does that help to take us even further off-topic?

Last edited:
Me mate is called Alan he’s from Chester le street used to go home and away for many years but he’s packed in now, me dar was called Alan as well but he’s deed

I don’t know your area that well, would he come from central station if he lived in Chester’s street? And did/does he post on here, my Alan said he did.

Not your dad, the other fella

Must be the youngest bloke called Alan in existence. In early 1950s was very popular- 1/3 of lads in my year at 2ndary school were called Alan. Why was it so popular and what went wrong

PS I’m not from Newcastle

I've got a mate called Alan in his late 30s. Not who the OP is referring to though as he's from Spenny. He got dragged along to Roker Park once or twice in his youth but footy ain't his thing.

Back