Anyone not seen/spoken to their kids in a long time ?

I can't imagine it mate, don't blame you. My littleun is nearly 24 and I've never gone longer than a couple of months without seeing her. Speak on Viber every day.

Only have the one. He’s 18 and in the navy. Speak to him most times he bothers his arse to call if I’m not working.

Was it a message about meeting up Les?
Not yet no. She basically said I should explain myself. So I told her the truth. She was taken into care when she 4 cos her mum was a druggie pisshead, she had alcohol issues for years. Portsmouth Social Services thought my ex was working as a prostitute, she would pick her up from school drunk, random punters from the pub picking her up etc. She vaguely remembers bits of this, but she was too young to realise what was really happening. I have kept all the court papers, I can prove what I've told her is the truth. Her mum has spent 20 years lying to her. Finally, chickens are coming home to roost. She just said she'll reply later cos it was way too much to comprehend and take in all at once. Suddenly the lass has realised her life has been one big lie, courtesy of mummy.

Last edited:
Not yet no. She basically said I should explain myself. So I told her the truth. She was taken into care when she 4 cos her mum was a druggie pisshead, she had alcohol issues for years. Portsmouth Social Services thought my ex was working as a prostitute, she would pick her up from school drunk, random punters from the pub picking her up etc. She vaguely remembers bits of this, but she was too young to realise what was really happening. I have kept all the court papers, I can prove what I've told her is the truth. Her mum has spent 20 years lying to her. Finally, chickens are coming home to roost. She just said she'll reply later cos it was way too much to comprehend and take in all at once. Suddenly the lass has realised her life has been one big lie, courtesy of mummy.
She would have needed to be a Scientist to work that out marra;)

Lad I know is married with kids but has an older bairn from a previous marriage. The bairn idolises her mam who has since died. The mother was actually in prison for a few years when she was growing up, this was actually for trying to burn the house down and kill the dad and the bairn. She knows nowt about any of this and won't hear a bad word said about her.
She was given to foster parents for a while, mainly because my ex told Social Services I was dead.
Bloody hell this is horrendous, it's like something out of a fillum.

They did eventually track me down and because I had been granted parental responsibility through the courts I got all the background paperwork.
Did you not tell them you weren't / aren't? Obviously, I don't know all the finer details but what efforts did you make to keep in touch?

She literally vanished, moved house, no idea where to. Bearing in mind this is 1997, before the internet n all that. The first I knew was getting a letter via the CSA saying she was in foster care

Last edited:

Sounds horrendous.

How did she get back in contact with you?

..and when did social serviced find out you were alive!

Sounds horrendous.

How did she get back in contact with you?

..and when did social serviced find out you were alive!

Think the CSA told them I was alive and well. I have been messaging her for years, first found her about 10 years ago when she was 14 and just got a big fat "f*ck off". Which was pretty hard to take, poisoned against me. Over the years I've kept chipping away knowing that she'll be curious to know who I am and what happened. Just a shame it's taken 10 years to get there. Every single message before has either gotten me blocked or ignored.

Think the CSA told them I was alive and well. I have been messaging her for years, first found her about 10 years ago when she was 14 and just got a big fat "f*ck off". Which was pretty hard to take, poisoned against me. Over the years I've kept chipping away knowing that she'll be curious to know who I am and what happened. Just a shame it's taken 10 years to get there. Every single message before has either gotten me blocked or ignored.

Bloody hell. Thats quite a story. Hope it has a happy ending for both of you. It would be a great bump to this thread if there is a happy outcome that you'd be willing to share on here. Good luck.

Back