Anyone not seen/spoken to their kids in a long time ?

I think slightly different emotional rules apply to 11 year olds, but maybe thats just me. The kid in question seems to made a life changing discovery, so she could maybe be excused for going in a little paddy (which 11 year olds tend to do from time to time)

She's now 15 and blatantly ignores me on the odd chance encounter. An example would be me asking how her new school is when I last saw her for her to pull out her phone and flat out refuse to acknowledge my existence. There's naivety of youth then there's lost causes.

Got a message from my daughter who's now 24. I've not seen her since she was 7, she now lives in Portsmouth. Her mum, if you can call her that, is beneath contempt. Sounds daft, but I thought I'd far more happy about finally getting somewhere, instead I actually feel bleedin petrified. Hard to keep a lid on the anger I feel towards her mum n all. 👿
I sympathise. My relationship with my ex was never great but as soon as I got engaged to my now wife, my ex did all she could to poison our two little ones against me. I still have a decent relationship with my fifteen year old son but my daughter who I’d previously had a wonderful relationship with, a proper daddy’s girl, now says she “hates” me and I see her very very rarely. She’s 14 now and it breaks my heart even writing this. I hide it away inside day to day but I just hope one day I’ll get some alone time with her when she realises her mums true character.
I wish you all the best Les. Good luck mate.

I work away touring so often don’t see my boy for 2 months at a time. I’m also split from his mum so don’t have him all the time when I’m home. Miss him terribly when I’m away, but FaceTime every day, even if it’s just to say hi and how was your day. Can’t imagine not seeing him at all. Would kill me. Can not understand people who just walk away from their kids. Couldn’t live with myself. Hope all works out for the op. I’m lucky me and my boys mum have a great relationship still. Way better than when we were together 😂😂

Well lads, f*cking hell. It was a hoax. Exchanged a few more messages today and a few things started to raise alarm bells.
I asked a couple of questions "how old is your sister these days?" Knowing fine well she was 19. The answer 23. :(
"Did your mum ever settle down?" the reply "No not really", even though I knew she was married. Send a selfie of yourself...nothing.
"Where are you working these days?"....nothing. Couldn't answer a single question about herself, tried ringing the number... "Invalid Number"
Can only think it was a scam "Dad, can you send me some money". Least I figured it out before I got in too deep. Hey ho. :cry:
Maybe it was my ex, no idea really. Strange that they knew my number and the name of my daughter, but nothing else seemed to fit quite right.

Last edited:
Well lads, f*cking hell. It was a hoax. Exchanged a few more messages today and a few things started to raise alarm bells.
I asked a couple of questions "how old is your sister these days?" Knowing fine well she was 19. The answer 23. :(
"Did your mum ever settle down?" the reply "No not really", even though I knew she was married. Send a selfie of yourself...nothing.
"Where are you working these days?"....nothing. Couldn't answer a single question about herself, tried ringing the number... "Invalid Number"
Can only think it was a scam "Dad, can you send me some money". Least I figured it out before I got in too deep. Hey ho. :cry:
Maybe it was my ex, no idea really. Strange that they knew my number and the name of my daughter, but nothing else seemed to fit quite right.

Fuck sake, that's shite mate... some right horrible kernts about.. sad thing is if it wasn't your ex then it's some one who must know what impact this would have... shite news all round mate.

That's shit like that

You'll not see a bigger twat's trick than that today. WTF is wrong with people?

Different boat to kids, but I found out I had a sister about 4 years ago. She was 11 and seemed to want to get to know me so I cracked on. Couldn't afford to give her a tenner and take her out for food the weekend before pay day so she blocked me on everything. No surprise really, her mams one of the stereotypical dole bums.

She tried to add me back on Facebook about a year back. However selfish it might seem, I'm not entertaining it.
She's was 11 mate. She might get something from a decent brother who has her interests at heart. Family innit.

Jesus. That’s really fucked up

That was an emotional rollercoaster!!!
Must read the whole thread. 🙁
Just caught up!!:(

Aww that's awful. Shocking that someone would be that sick in the head to do something like that. Really feel for you mate xx

Back