Anyone not seen/spoken to their kids in a long time ?

Good luck mate and it may of been a long time but its never too late to build a relationship but just go steady with the truth no matter how much you hate her mother. Just show her how good Les is first and the rest will come..... Good luck pal

Got a message from my daughter who's now 24. I've not seen her since she was 7, she now lives in Portsmouth. Her mum, if you can call her that, is beneath contempt. Sounds daft, but I thought I'd far more happy about finally getting somewhere, instead I actually feel bleedin petrified. Hard to keep a lid on the anger I feel towards her mum n all. 👿

You've missed alot mate but if you have a chance to build a relationship with her you should grab it with both hands. Try to make it about you and the bairn not her mother.

My kids are 7 and 2 and I don't like spending a night away from them so I can't imagine the hurt you just have had missing out on your daughters childhood.

Think the CSA told them I was alive and well. I have been messaging her for years, first found her about 10 years ago when she was 14 and just got a big fat "f*ck off". Which was pretty hard to take, poisoned against me. Over the years I've kept chipping away knowing that she'll be curious to know who I am and what happened. Just a shame it's taken 10 years to get there. Every single message before has either gotten me blocked or ignored.
Bloody hell mate, hope it all works out well for you both.
Haven't spoken or see my 2 girls for nearly 2 years. They are 18 and 17.

Saw them every other weekend without fail no matter where I lived and how much it cost. Had them every holiday and half term including 5 of the 6 weeks in the summer.

Then because I couldn't afford the fortnightly trips they stopped speaking to me, then their mam got her claws in and I'm now the devil.

Worst bit was as Christmas when my dad nearly died, they still didn't show any emotion or seem to care.

Breaks my heart
Hope things work out mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't spoken or see my 2 girls for nearly 2 years. They are 18 and 17.

Saw them every other weekend without fail no matter where I lived and how much it cost. Had them every holiday and half term including 5 of the 6 weeks in the summer.

Then because I couldn't afford the fortnightly trips they stopped speaking to me, then their mam got her claws in and I'm now the devil.

Worst bit was as Christmas when my dad nearly died, they still didn't show any emotion or seem to care.

Breaks my heart

Different boat to kids, but I found out I had a sister about 4 years ago. She was 11 and seemed to want to get to know me so I cracked on. Couldn't afford to give her a tenner and take her out for food the weekend before pay day so she blocked me on everything. No surprise really, her mams one of the stereotypical dole bums.

She tried to add me back on Facebook about a year back. However selfish it might seem, I'm not entertaining it.

Different boat to kids, but I found out I had a sister about 4 years ago. She was 11 and seemed to want to get to know me so I cracked on. Couldn't afford to give her a tenner and take her out for food the weekend before pay day so she blocked me on everything. No surprise really, her mams one of the stereotypical dole bums.

She tried to add me back on Facebook about a year back. However selfish it might seem, I'm not entertaining it.
Give her a chance, she's just a bairn.

This aye. You never know you could be the decent influence on her life so she doesn't turn in to her Mam.

I couldn't imagine not seeing my two girls so really feel for the OP and anyone else in that situation.

If she was taken into care how did she not end up with you?
Not trying to be a nobhead here as I sympathise with people in your boat.
Just how it works. Even if the mam is a certifiable wrongun, if they can prove the bloke isn't 100% perfect they almost always rule in favour of the mother.
Good luck marrow. Be a good dad though and don't make her watch Sunderland, OK?
She'd be straight off if she'd seen the Wycombe match

Last edited:

Shocking that.

Should just tell her to get back to you when shes grown up... or was it the mother who told her to ponce off you..

Have personally seen it from both sides now - from the being the child involved & parent perspective more recently & it’s absolutely devastating when it happens.
Sadly one of those things too that the longer time & absence goes on the harder it seems to be to correct it & right the wrong of it all if that’s even possible.
Horrible scenario to be in but I suppose you’ve got to keep faith & hope for a happy positive ending no matter what.

And people wonder why blokes are cynical about feminism.

My workmate's wife ran off with the next door neighbour. The neighbour's ex was so pissed off she tried to smash his front door in, her relatives have tried to give him a hiding and they've had to move home, take out various court orders and put CCTV all over their new house. The family courts somehow thought this living prison was the best place for my workmate's daughter. They don't give a shit about fathers or kids, just the mothers. As I've said for years, the British judicial system is institutionally sexist and infantilises women, so they aren't held accountable for their actions.

Best of luck to all lads on here fighting to see their kids. Thankfully our lass is sensible, I'd hate to think going through all this to see my girls.

She's the same with my gran now. The ship sailed when she completely blanked me last year when I asked how she was when I went to my grans.
Shocking that.

Should just tell her to get back to you when shes grown up... or was it the mother who told her to ponce off you..

She only ever turns up at her biological nanas every other Thursday when her pocket money's due mate so probably a bit of both.

Back