Anyone not seen/spoken to their kids in a long time ?

Well lads, f*cking hell. It was a hoax. Exchanged a few more messages today and a few things started to raise alarm bells.
I asked a couple of questions "how old is your sister these days?" Knowing fine well she was 19. The answer 23. :(
"Did your mum ever settle down?" the reply "No not really", even though I knew she was married. Send a selfie of yourself...nothing.
"Where are you working these days?"....nothing. Couldn't answer a single question about herself, tried ringing the number... "Invalid Number"
Can only think it was a scam "Dad, can you send me some money". Least I figured it out before I got in too deep. Hey ho. :cry:
Maybe it was my ex, no idea really. Strange that they knew my number and the name of my daughter, but nothing else seemed to fit quite right.
:eek: đź’© There's some weirdos out there.

I've got the flip side

Not seen my dad for about 25 years. Wonder what he's up to or even if he's still alive

Never can quite figure out someone who makes a choice to cut off contact with their kids for no valid reason

My brother made contact with him about 10 years ago via brief phone call. He was with his new family and basically wasn't interested

Similar situation. I'm 35 and last saw my dad when I was 21. He was a great dad when I was a kid but went to work abroad when coles cranes closed and he was made redundant. At first he would be back for a week every two months, then every three month and it go to the point where he would only be home a couple of weeks a year then he just stopped coming home. The last time he was home was to renew a passport when I was 23 and he didn't even let me know he was back. My sister invited him to her wedding 5 years ago and got no reply. She received a reply to an email about a year a go but the way it was written didn't sound like it was him. She is worried that he has died and we've just never found out. Mad situation really.

Not yet no. She basically said I should explain myself. So I told her the truth. She was taken into care when she 4 cos her mum was a druggie pisshead, she had alcohol issues for years. Portsmouth Social Services thought my ex was working as a prostitute, she would pick her up from school drunk, random punters from the pub picking her up etc. She vaguely remembers bits of this, but she was too young to realise what was really happening. I have kept all the court papers, I can prove what I've told her is the truth. Her mum has spent 20 years lying to her. Finally, chickens are coming home to roost. She just said she'll reply later cos it was way too much to comprehend and take in all at once. Suddenly the lass has realised her life has been one big lie, courtesy of mummy.
Liked this post, then unliked it cos it didn't seem the right reaction. 'Wow' might seem more appropriate. Take solace in finally being able to have your say to the one person in it all who matters to you, and best of luck with the future.
Well lads, f*cking hell. It was a hoax. Exchanged a few more messages today and a few things started to raise alarm bells.
I asked a couple of questions "how old is your sister these days?" Knowing fine well she was 19. The answer 23. :(
"Did your mum ever settle down?" the reply "No not really", even though I knew she was married. Send a selfie of yourself...nothing.
"Where are you working these days?"....nothing. Couldn't answer a single question about herself, tried ringing the number... "Invalid Number"
Can only think it was a scam "Dad, can you send me some money". Least I figured it out before I got in too deep. Hey ho. :cry:
Maybe it was my ex, no idea really. Strange that they knew my number and the name of my daughter, but nothing else seemed to fit quite right.
Ffs

f***ing hell mate that is awful.

Sounds like a Lithuanian scammer.

Awful that.

Might be too late.

That's great.

I tried being the cool big brother mate. Included her in everything with my other sister, until I couldn't give her money. Blanked me that Christmas when I'd asked if I could drop her present off. Maybe it's selfish of me to hold it against her still but for me it was and still is only about money for her.

At least you caught it before it got too far mate!

Last edited:
There are some absolute cncts in this world. Maybe use this to reach out to her from your side. Say you are in the area for work for a week or so and see if you could meet up for a coffee in between “meetings “. Would take pressure of if she knows it is a short meeting.

I tried being the cool big brother mate. Included her in everything with my other sister, until I couldn't give her money. Blanked me that Christmas when I'd asked if I could drop her present off. Maybe it's selfish of me to hold it against her still but for me it was and still is only about money for her.
Some kids aren't easy and have bad starts but you can only do so much.

Back