Anyone missing McDonald's?

Be honest?

I am me, just mainly the double sossij and egg Mcmuffin though and coffee.

??
I wasn't as maybe only have a few trips every year or so. However, woke up with a stinking hangover on the weekend and whilst in my pit started gooogling away to see if any where open as I've had nowt but yoghurts and fruit for brekkie lately and that just wouldn't do. So on google maps it 100% said that the one at the metro centre was opening at 11am. I even went and studied the limited menu online and put an order together in my head. Nowt too big, just a Big Mac meal, 2 double cheeseburgers, 12 nuggets and a flake Mcflurry. So anyways, have a few coffees and sort myself to drive over and the bastard was closed. Then google went and changed its opening times to say temporarily closed, I swear . Was livid, most angry I've been in years, talked to myself all the way home calling myself a fat loser for believing in google. Never again.

they never closed here, drive through or take away available only though. don't know why they or any other such place needed to shut down completely to be fair.

Massive queues at Starbucks when they opened too. Absolutely weird. If you love coffee that much just buy the best one that marks and Spencer or Sainsbury's sell or something and make it at home. Bizarre the priorities people have. Yes I am very judgemental
There’s one close to me. I counted 36 cars in the queue. I know people just want a treat but I’d rather just have a coffee at home than wait in that queue.

I must admit I’m missing them. Up until my dad moved into his care home about a year ago it was our habit to stop off at macdonalds on the way home on a Sunday night after visiting him.

Even worse, just the other night my daughter said do you fancy a kfc as some of them are open? So after some discussion about which one to go to, Hartlepool or Durham City Retail park, we ended up in the Durham car park having chicken burgers and popcorn chicken and chips. Lovely, hot, freshly cooked and absolutely bursting with potato chips!

The queue wasn’t too bad, just through the drive through, across the road and down two sides of Pizza Hut. It only took about ten minutes to get served.

Last edited:
There’s one close to me. I counted 36 cars in the queue. I know people just want a treat but I’d rather just have a coffee at home than wait in that queue.
It can't taste that much better than a top quality one you can get at home surely. I would have thought the whole point of a coffee is an impulse purchase whilst out and about, rather than making a special trip.

they never closed here, drive through or take away available only though. don't know why they or any other such place needed to shut down completely to be fair.
Yeah I never got that. Especially with places like domino's and whatnot still knocking out pizzas etc

I like the occasional McDonald's, but being honest I know they're no good for me and it won't be doing any harm having to have a while without them. Love the big tasty but I'm sure they've changed it since it was first released, not as nice now, probably tried making it more healthy or something

Back