Anyone lost a parrot in NE37 Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's comes to my back field, regularly, to have some grub from my dovecote.

It's a sky blue colour. Been coming for weeks now.

Lovely thing to look at it is.
Get yer own parrot

:evil::evil:.

Aye I linked the wrang one the other time, the wild ones look the same as that blue one, but green.
Probably a wild one all the same.
It's chirping away in the tree at the minute. It's been down a couple of times, for the apple, bread and pork fat, which is for the magpies, crows, wood pigeons, robin and now this lad, which visit.

By coincidence I was in a pet shop in Shields when a bloke came in and asked ”Ow mu is tha parrot in the windi?” Owner say “You what mate?” The bloke says” Ow, ow, ow mu is the parrit in the windi?” Owner says £20 with the cage (it was a long time ago). Bloke says “ Ca, ca, ca, can it talk? Parrot says “A damn site better than you can mate.”

By coincidence I was in a pet shop in Shields when a bloke came in and asked ”Ow mu is tha parrot in the windi?” Owner say “You what mate?” The bloke says” Ow, ow, ow mu is the parrit in the windi?” Owner says £20 with the cage (it was a long time ago). Bloke says “ Ca, ca, ca, can it talk? Parrot says “A damn site better than you can mate.”

Taking the piss out of disabilities is not really the done thing in 2017.

Was down again today. Exactly like that blue parakeet pic, earlier in the thread.

Are they worth much, parakeets?

That’s not a wild one marra. I’d suggest that’s a missing pet.
Earlier in the thread, there are a canny few wild ones these days somehow.

This fella comes everyday to ours.

Earlier in the thread, there are a canny few wild ones these days somehow.

This fella comes everyday to ours.
The ones I saw in Barnes Park and Backhouse Park were the same as the large flock in Ward Jackson Park in Hartlepool. They are all over London and the south east - even saw one on the Mall nor Buck. house and in the Park near Fulham FC etc. They are all ring neck or Rose ringed Parakeet - green with red beaks. The one you describe depending on the accuracy may be a Blue Indian Ringed Parakeet. An escape as opposed to a wild bird.

How?
There's loads of them in Kirby Stephen (sp)
The Kirby ones were a bit different as there was a bloke there who loved parrots and encouraged then and allowed them to fly free. I saw them several times when passing large Macaws fight with Jackdaws for nesting sites. Not seen them the last few times but apparently the bloke died so not sure what happened to the parrots! He used to leave his windows open to allow them to come and go as they please and get warm in winter etc.

Last edited:
Saw the parrot flying around the back field today. It's a bonny bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back