Anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blf

Striker
when I log in the board goes back to the last post I read on a previous visit. Can't get it to go to the newest page. I have to go out and delete the cookies and files and history. Then log in again and it brings me to the newest page.
Never used to do this , any ideas (apart from killing myself etc etc or f***ing off).

I won't be able to read this either until I do the above again.

(apart from killing myself etc etc or f***ing off).

That limits the options somewhat ;)

Which web browser are you using?

It sounds like your browser is just displaying the page that it cached on the last visit to the site so you aren't actually accessing the website at all, just retrieving the last version stored on your PC.

If you are using Internet Explorer try changing the following options (nicked from Microsoft website)

Adjusting How Often to Update

While it's true that the more files you can load from your hard disk, the faster your browsing speed, it's also true that those pages on the Web might have changed since being stored on your computer. You might not want to miss fresh content just to save a little time. Fortunately, in addition to the size of the cache, you can also customize how often Internet Explorer 6 checks the Web for updated content.
First you will need to go to the Internet Explorer 6 Settings box:
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.
On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Settings button. This will open the Settings box.
In the Settings box, there are four ways to check for newer versions of pages that are stored in the Temporary Internet Files folder:
Every visit to the page: You're assured of the most current content, but it's slower to browse previously viewed pages.
Every time you start Internet Explorer 6: On your first visit to a page, Internet Explorer 6 will check for new information, but not on subsequent visits in the same browsing session.
Automatically: Internet Explorer 6 will check automatically for any new content.
Never: This option is fastest, but you could be viewing old content from the cache. To refresh the page, press the F5 button on your keyboard—this will connect you to the page on the Web and download new information to the Temporary Internet files folder.

You could try clicking on 'New Posts' then bookmarking/'favouriting' the resultant page. Then each time you log on, go to the site via your bookmark/favourite - works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back