Anyone had problem with rats

Pet rats go absolutely bat shit crazy for malt paste. If you put that on the traps I guarantee you that you will have some success. You can get it fairly cheapily in most pet shops or on Amazon etc.

I've Recommended these to loads of people and everyone says how good it works ,needs to be housed in a plastic container with a 2inch hole to keep it away from children, pets , hedgehogs .
I just used a old tupperware box,cut a 2inch hole in ,put 8 blocks in and leave watch how they slowly go down ,filled mine 3 times and then that was it ,i was told to wrap a couple up in clingfilm and roll the clingfilm end into a 2 inch lead so the rat drags it back to the lair and poisons its family.

Had them knocking around garden a few times.
Acorn pest control put a bait box down both times....cleared box then when re-filled not touched and job done.

I know we hear that poison doesn't work, but the stuff used by pest controllers is essentially Warfarin, so must get them quickly, surely.

Yes. Professional trapper baited successful. Found a dead rat under kitchen units - thankfully before the rat decomposed with a bad odour.
I used the snapper variety after discovering the poison was useless. Unfortunately it wasn’t as swift as I’d hoped it would be, and the sound of his squealing, and threshing was horrible until he finally succumbed. That being said, I’d do it again.

I used fenn traps down my allotments for years, but must be sited safely. Wouldn't use them in a garden at home because of pets, children etc. You also have to be prepared to dispatch the rat if it's still alive in the trap.

I've Recommended these to loads of people and everyone says how good it works ,needs to be housed in a plastic container with a 2inch hole to keep it away from children, pets , hedgehogs .
I just used a old tupperware box,cut a 2inch hole in ,put 8 blocks in and leave watch how they slowly go down ,filled mine 3 times and then that was it ,i was told to wrap a couple up in clingfilm and roll the clingfilm end into a 2 inch lead so the rat drags it back to the lair and poisons its family.
I found these useless when I had them in the garden ...I was putting 3 a day out and they would all disappear overnight but the rats were still around...got some of the blue grain packs from Amazon put one out the first day it was taken put another out that was taken the third pouch was still there two weeks later and have seen any since

I found these useless when I had them in the garden ...I was putting 3 a day out and they would all disappear overnight but the rats were still around...got some of the blue grain packs from Amazon put one out the first day it was taken put another out that was taken the third pouch was still there two weeks later and have seen any since
I got the same blue grain stuff and it worked, someone off here said to put some in a money bag with a small corner snipped off so they can smell it, then they drag it back to the nest and feed the others, tried that once and no more rats.

we use fen traps in our garden over the winter
sick of fighting with the neighbours about the amount of food they put out for the birds just attracts the rats. They come under the fence and run along the bottom of the garden just put the traps on their run no food or anything on them catch loads every year

How long for the poison to kill the rats? Is it true they eat each other?
The pest control bloke we had out reckons they go back to the nest to die and the others eat them. Seems like we didn't have rats or mice though, none of the poison went, also no droppings or smell of rat piss. I think it might be a bird getting under the tiles.

The idiot who lives out our back used to throw dry dog food onto his decking. We were inundated with rats. I’ve had some sport with them over the years, poisoning them, hitting them with cricket bats, spades, they’re horrible. Once I crept up on a half dead one that I’d poisoned and it screamed and jumped about four foot in the air, I nearly shit mesel.
The idiot has stopped and we have t seen a rat for about two years.

Back