Anyone had or has Cubital Tunnel Syndrome ?

Guitar Man

Midfield
I've been having pins and needles/ numbness in my ring and little fingers and thought it was Carpal tunnel,
It just used to be when i woke up in the morning and after a hour it would go, but now its 24/7.

I've been told by someone who has Carpal tunnel that it's the thumb first and second finger for this and mine are the other two and he thought i may have Cubital Syndrome.
Googled Cubital Syndrome and its exactly what i've got ,numbness and tingling in little and ring finger .
Going to make an appointment at the doc's, but just wondered if anyone off this wise board has had to deal with it ? or cured it ? .
I'm struggling to play my guitar ( I do best of times :lol:) so a bit peed off.

I’ve had carpal tunnel on my right hand, it’s slightly different.
I have numbness in my little finger and ring finger which has stemmed from some nerve damage which they think has came from an elbow operation. Apparently the nerve runs from your neck to the finger tips mentioned.
Go to your doc, he will then arrange a call/visit to the MSK department, who will then probably arrange a nerve conduction test and tie it from there.

yes, from driving with my elbow on the window of the car - 2 hour drive through the desert on a perfectly straight road. Strangely the pain manifests itself in one little spot on the end of my finger, if I catch it I scream like Bonnie Langford

I have slight numbness in my ring finger from a recent operation (3 weeks post now) from knuckle right up to the tip.
Its gradually got better over that time but when I catch it, its like a mini shock and it knacks.

I felt when they put the cannula in that it stung more than normal and mentioned it but then I was knocked out for the op. When I came round they had a monitor on my ring finger and I mentioned the numbness so they just moved the monitor to my toe!

When I left I mentioned it yet again and I was told to just keep an eye on it and if worried to contact A&E 😕

I've just got on with it for now in the hope it goes fully back to normal but not holding out hope after reading things online.

I had it. Mainly caused by the way I slept with arm under pillow to support my head. Make effort to stop that which I managed to do but I also used the nerve gliding exercises which were really helpful. Definitely worth a try as they relieve the pain/tingling. Very simple to do too. Lots of vids if you google them. Good luck.

Yes, I fucked up my ulnar nerve at the gym, had to have transposition surgery, where they move the nerve to a position where it’s not impinged. I have an 8 inch scar under my elbow and ring/pinkie sensation is permanently reduced.

If you spend time at a desk try not to rest or lean on your elbows too much, pretty sure years of desk work contributed to mine. I found an elbow brace helped with my recovery, might also be helpful in alleviating symptoms.

It’s not a nice thing if it gets bad, hope you manage to get it sorted.

I had it. Mainly caused by the way I slept with arm under pillow to support my head. Make effort to stop that which I managed to do but I also used the nerve gliding exercises which were really helpful. Definitely worth a try as they relieve the pain/tingling. Very simple to do too. Lots of vids if you google them. Good luck.
Wow that is me 100% arm under pillow to support my head, started last night with 2 pillows and arm to the side , felt like learning to sleep again 😂
I will look at the nerve gliding exercises on you tube.
So did stopping lying with your arm under the pillow and those exercises cure it ? And if so how long did it take ?
Or did you also meed medical help ? Pills /physio/operation?.

Wow that is me 100% arm under pillow to support my head, started last night with 2 pillows and arm to the side , felt like learning to sleep again 😂
I will look at the nerve gliding exercises on you tube.
So did stopping lying with your arm under the pillow and those exercises cure it ? And if so how long did it take ?
Or did you also meed medical help ? Pills /physio/operation?.

I went to the docs and they gave me some more exercise to do but TBH it was the ones I found online that were more useful as they didn't need a resistance band. I did them daily and also when I got an attack of the numbness/tingling (looked a bit strange when I was at work). Eventually it just went away.

The pillow thing took some time but eventually I just stopped doing it. It was a habit I'd got into. Haven't had an attack in years.

I have exacly the same, told it was caused by leaning on the nerve in my elbow whilst using PC at work. Resulted in operation around 10 year ago which didnt solve it unfortunately so have just got used to it.

That's how I always sleep. Don't fancy this tingly finger thing spoiling my incredible blues licks :)

I have Carpal tunnel in both hands...thumbs and index fingers but moves across the others
It's at its worst during the night. If i sleep with my elbows even slightly bent then my hands go numb and wake me up.
I have to concentrate on sleeping with my arms as straight as i can.

Back