Anyone got an iphone4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

Striker
and either a wifi connection or an unlimited data package?

If so could you check out my panorama here.

The software I used for creating my panoramas which normally use Flash to display have now been upgraded to be able to produce panos for iphone/ipad users, but even more interesting, if the phone supports "gyroscope navigation" (ie. iphone4) it is supposed to work with that, so you can turn the phone around as if you are actually there.

I am intrigued to know how well this works, if at all, but I'm not an Apple fanboy ;)

For the rest of you, here are a few Flash based ones I have done recently:

Conwy Mountain

Greengore Farm

Hunters Rest Cottage

Liverpool Coastguard

They might take a while to download depending on your connection speed as I haven't optimised most of them yet

Back to the drawing board then.

In Chrome I would think it is just using the default Flash player viewer anyway (it is for me).

Nice, now I just have to find someone with a phone so I can see it for myself - although it looks like not everyones works!

What software you usign Roger? Have been using Hugin/PTgui to stitch and Pano2VR to create, but that gyroscopic navigation sounds rather interesting...

It seems to use masses of processing power like. It's still a bit clunky on mine.

That doesn't surprise me, and its definitely a bit of a gimmick but I was curious to know whether or not it actually worked,

What software you usign Roger? Have been using Hugin/PTgui to stitch and Pano2VR to create, but that gyroscopic navigation sounds rather interesting...

That one was all done with PTGui, my main ones use PTGui to create the pano and krpano for the Flash viewer.

The latest versions of PTGui come with a bundled flash viewer and web publisher so whilst its not as good or flexible as krpano it is really a one stop toolkit now and all you really need. It even allows alpha masking which was the last bit of the jigsaw for me to allow the tripod to be removed from the nadir.

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me, and its definitely a bit of a gimmick but I was curious to know whether or not it actually worked,

That one was all done with PTGui, my main ones use PTGui to create the pano and krpano for the Flash viewer.

The latest versions of PTGui come with a bundled flash viewer and web publisher so whilst its not as good or flexible as krpano it is really a one stop toolkit now and all you really need. It even allows alpha masking which was the last bit of the jigsaw for me to allow the tripod to be removed from the nadir.
Ah, excellent - didn't know there had been an upgrade, will have to get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back