Anyone got a Persimmon house.

Moving into a new build hopefully very soon, hope we don’t have to go through all of this shit.
Mrs (n) has been on about decorating in this colour and that colour, when we got the walk around the place the rep said no decorating for a year. Music to my ears
Been in mine 5 years and only decorated two rooms. One of which the builders had to redecorate after taking my living room ceiling down. :lol:

No decorating for a year?

What's that all about fella?
We were due to move into the house about a month ago however due to an issue in the chain we’re still waiting.
A few days before we were due to move the housebuilder rep and the sure manager walked us through the house showing us how the heating system worked etc etc
They told us we shouldn’t decorate for the first 12 months as it’s still drying out.
Probs be ready by the time we get in

Iam sure its only poorly fitted kitchens,so i read on here.... 🤷‍♂️
My last house (I won't divulge the name of the builder) the wall straps on the external facing walls were fixed to the joists in the loft with a single clout nail 😀
That was one in a long list of things wrong with the house.

New builds are in the main, crap.

Last edited:
We've reserved one up Silky. Got a few worries but trying to keep calm.Theres a one metre section of bushes at the back where Persimmon will stick our back fence, but the neighbour over the back doesn't own this bit of land and neither do Persimmon. Hope the buggers don't just sandwich the bushes/weeds between ours and the neighbours fencing.

Check under your kickboards in the kitchen and behind your bath panel. You will find all sorts left by the lazy bassas.
Gonna save that for a rainy day.😂
We've reserved one up Silky. Got a few worries but trying to keep calm.Theres a one metre section of bushes at the back where Persimmon will stick our back fence, but the neighbour over the back doesn't own this bit of land and neither do Persimmon. Hope the buggers don't just sandwich the bushes/weeds between ours and the neighbours fencing.
Hate to worry people. The house isn’t bad. Just the finish. Everyone says the same. If you can afford to.pay for bits like kitchen sink, Taps, cooker hood, carpets yourself. They call them incentives, I’d call them cheap tat, look at the cheapest you can find at b&q and they’ll have a worse one in their houses. And mine was supposedly an upgraded kitchen.
Not on that site on North Road?
Yup

Last edited:
My last house (I won't divulge the name of the builder) the wall straps on the external facing walls were fixed to the joists in the loft with a single clout nail 😀
That was one in a long list of things wrong with the house.

New builds are in the main, crap.
Assuming you mean the lateral restraining strap from the trusses? They should be tight to the cavity side of the blckwork which you can't see, they shouldn't be fixed into any blockwork?

I live in a house built in the 50s and the majority of new builds are built better than these were hoyed up. Half of hastings hill don't even have lintels in, loaf bearing windows....

No decorating for a year?

What's that all about fella?
So they can see the cracks in the plaster
We were due to move into the house about a month ago however due to an issue in the chain we’re still waiting.
A few days before we were due to move the housebuilder rep and the sure manager walked us through the house showing us how the heating system worked etc etc
They told us we shouldn’t decorate for the first 12 months as it’s still drying out.
Probs be ready by the time we get in
But you are moving in?
Heard some excuses mind

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure that's saltpeter efflorescence off the rain.
The mortar/trowel marks on the persimmon site in silksworth however is as rough as a badger.
Is that not bad -:

Pointing looks shite on a few too. I'd not be happy if my house looked like that.

Back