Anyone got a cold?

No mate. I understand the gravity of the situation. I am not a moron.
Ok that's great, I also understand the gravity of the situation, it's just my perception skills on the reality off the situation are quite a bit more fine tuned to your simplistic views on the world.
Oh and I'm not your mate

Its class when the right wing lunatic brexit lot start blaming Mainstream media for all sorts. Its a great early warning system for nut jobs. As soon as anyone types it as any part of an argument you immediately know to discount their opinion cos they are guaranteed f***ing idiots. Props to @robbied1
There are all sorts of people that believe different things, why try and pin it on certain groups? The virus scares me and others, but some people don’t scare from it, there is no certain type of individual that it does not and does scare, there will be shit loads of non brexit lot our just normal people that don’t believe everything that is printed

Last edited:
Longest ive gone possibly in my life not getting a cold all through 2020 probably due to being careful and washing hands more etc.

Then the kids go back to school and BANG..

Most ill ive been for ages🤢

Longest ive gone possibly in my life not getting a cold all through 2020 probably due to being careful and washing hands more etc.

Then the kids go back to school and BANG..

Most ill ive been for ages🤢

I do hope you don't die.
At least you can have 30 there, always a positive.

Update... I'm still alive but my nose is running like a tap. I made some oriental chicken noodle soup, after cutting the chilli's I rubbed my nose, I was in agony for about twenty minutes and somehow this brought about a nose bleed. My six year old was in hysterics laughing at my bleeding nose, red face, and eyes streaming, all while rubbing milk on my face :(

Last edited:
Update... I'm still alive but my nose is running like a tap. I made some oriental chicken noodle soup, after cutting the chilli's I rubbed my nose, I was in agony for about twenty minutes and somehow this brought about a nose bleed. My six year old was in hysterics laughing at my bleeding nose, red face, and eyes streaming, all while rubbing milk on my face :(

I'm sorry but I laughed at that! Hope you feel better this morning 😘

Loaded here, got it off the missus (no), NHS worker so managed to get a test that was negative, just as well as she tested positive in April/May time.

Problem is I can't go anywhere as it's pretty obvious I dont look well, stuck in the house and knowing it's just a normal cold, surely must be a few in the same boat?
I've had a constant cold or bug of one kind or another since the bairn went back to school. Felt a bit better midweek and managed a game of footy Friday gone, but I'm paying for it this weekend. Feel like shite.

Our lass had it for a bit too so we got tested for covid cos she needed it to go back to work. Came back negative.

There'll be a lot of people getting bad colds and flu, just like all other years. Flu can be monstrous. I remember having it and I struggled to get out of bed for days.
We'll likely not hear too much about the flu...or any other ailments...but we will consistently hear about the other one with figures to match.

If people are still catching colds even with the current restrictions then they could just as easily catch Covid-19.

For the last few years I have caught a cold about this time of the year and I am hoping to skip it this year.

Last edited:
Loaded here, got it off the missus (no), NHS worker so managed to get a test that was negative, just as well as she tested positive in April/May time.

Problem is I can't go anywhere as it's pretty obvious I dont look well, stuck in the house and knowing it's just a normal cold, surely must be a few in the same boat?
The common cold does not affect the covid-19 test.
however the common cold and flu could possibly affect the anti body test on rare occassons.

Been loaded for a week now with no signs of it getting any better. Work not interested as I'm showing no covid symptoms so just got to crack on. Dreading work tomorrow.

There'll be a lot of people getting bad colds and flu, just like all other years. Flu can be monstrous. I remember having it and I struggled to get out of bed for days.
We'll likely not hear too much about the flu...or any other ailments...but we will consistently hear about the other one with figures to match.

When people get flu this winter , as they do , they ll think it’s Covid and all hell will break loose.

Back