Anyone ever been head hunted?

the bloke

Central Defender
Had a company call me up out of the blue the other day asking me to attend an interview in Germany, all costs paid.
I'm not looking for a new job and haven't indicated to anyone any desire to move out of my current job.

Anyone had owt like this happen to them?

Had a company call me up out of the blue the other day asking me to attend an interview in Germany, all costs paid.
I'm not looking for a new job and haven't indicated to anyone any desire to move out of my current job.

Trust you’re going to at least go for the interview? You are in a great position to get great terms from them

Can you speak German?

Not a foreign country, but had a few jobs where they've phoned through an intermediary and asked me to come on board

Clearly you don't have a picture on your linkdin. Nee one would hunt your mug. Unless it's for keeping the kids off the fire.

Currently completing paperwork for a job where the recruiter "found me" and skills she was looking for on linkedin but wadnt really class that as "headhunted" tbh. Paperwork all over the settee, downloading forms which have to go back electronically. They put me down as US resident when forwarding my CV to client so sent me the wrong paperwork for security clearance and visa. Hopefully get confirmation that the alternative method here for criminal record checks here will suffice.
Skype interview of just less than 75 minutes and see no reason why clearance should be given as had documentation required to work on sites here. Years contract then it will be time for me to hang up my boots after a canny swansong:cool:

Might be a trap.
Like when criminals get a letter to come and collect a big tv they've won and the police are hiding behind the door.

Aye for my current job. Worked out well for both parties and haven’t looked back. Had a couple of others trying since then too, but turned them down.

Twice for me , first time I was recommended ( for an interview ) through someone I'd worked with in a previous life, and the one I'm doing now ( part time ) dragged out of retirement and I love it , So strongly recommend you check it out mate and best of luck !

Back