Anyone ever applied for village green status?

I reckon you are a contrarian. You have no strong opinions of your own but sit there in your pizza stained Star Wars T-shirt posting stuff and thinking 'Haha, this will wind them up'. I'm not sure what you get from it.
I could say the same about you. I’ve explained how I feel about this. if You haven’t seen it that’s your lookout. I’m sick of people slavering on about how their patch of grass is important. I work for the council and some fucker wants homes for poor people but dont Want it on their doorstep. What’s more important. Someone having a run round a f***ing green or 30 houses. All these people that want social housing but then you tell them it’s happening on their doorstep and they don’t want it.

I could say the same about you. I’ve explained how I feel about this. if You haven’t seen it that’s your lookout. I’m sick of people slavering on about how their patch of grass is important. I work for the council and some fucker wants homes for poor people but dont Want it on their doorstep. What’s more important. Someone having a run round a f***ing green or 30 houses. All these people that want social housing but then you tell them it’s happening on their doorstep and they don’t want it.
If developed, it is unlikely to be social housing. Loads of more executive houses are being built which are snapped up by Londoners for weekend homes.

Don’t you think green open spaces are important, rather than a constant sprawl of tarmac?

If developed, it is unlikely to be social housing. Loads of more executive houses are being built which are snapped up by Londoners for weekend homes.

Don’t you think green open spaces are important, rather than a constant sprawl of tarmac?
No I don’t. Housing is a massive issue in this country. What if there’s rules that only local people can buy the houses like they do in the lakes. You’re making it sound dreadful and the homes haven’t even been built yet

No I don’t. Housing is a massive issue in this country. What if there’s rules that only local people can buy the houses like they do in the lakes. You’re making it sound dreadful and the homes haven’t even been built yet
Sad that you think that, oh well.

No we should all cram together in large conurbations with no space between anything at all. Surely that’s what the current crisis is teaching us?

It's ok saying 30 houses, but it's not. It's 300 or 400 or 600 with minimal investment in the infrastructure. No new roads so the ones already congested become more so. No new schools, doctors, dentists, shops....

No we should all cram together in large conurbations with no space between anything at all. Surely that’s what the current crisis is teaching us?
Absolutely. Staggering that anyone does not see the value of green spaces breaking up the suburban sprawl. They have tremendous value to physical and mental health as well as supporting local wildlife. Still, if we all had the same knowledge and oppinions the world would be a boring place.

It's ok saying 30 houses, but it's not. It's 300 or 400 or 600 with minimal investment in the infrastructure. No new roads so the ones already congested become more so. No new schools, doctors, dentists, shops....
What on this field where currently the grass hasn’t been cut for a bit. Now because the grass hasn’t been cut theres 600 houses getting built on it and you’re annoyed that there’s no school getting built to go with the imaginary houses :lol:

it’s a bloody disgrace!

There has not as far as your story goes even been a suggestion of a development but you’ve now imagined it’ll be weekend homes for London elite.
And you imagined it would be a high density social housing development. At least I'm basing my suspicion on local knowledge.

Whoever it is for, it does not change what I am trying to do. Protect a valueable green space for the future while it is still used as such. Being proactive rather than lying in front of the bulldozers at the last minute.

As an example:

400 new houses with 2 or 3 cars each.
Have you seen the rush hour traffic on Chester Road & Shiney roundabout currently (outside of lockdown)?
What on this field where currently the grass hasn’t been cut for a bit. Now because the grass hasn’t been cut theres 600 houses getting built on it and you’re annoyed that there’s no school getting built to go with the imaginary houses :lol:

it’s a bloody disgrace!
Absolutely no infrastructure improvements.
Just plonk 400 new houses on GREEN BELT land when there are alternative options elsewhere

Last edited:

Back