Anyone enjoying all this?

Not really, I want to go back to my little part time job, for my bairn to be able to go back to school and for me to be able to see my friends and family again. I have a big family, I hate being scared, I hate the fact that my mental health has tanked, I hate that I cant take my bairn to cool places, I hate that it's Groundhog day and it's the same shit every day.
We're in this for the long haul folks, anyone that says otherwise is a knacker.

Apart from the stress of having healthcare businesses.... I’m loving having the lads home all day for footy games every couple of hours to break up the routine.

I'm working from home pretty much full time with the odd essential trip into the office to support an 'Air Gapped' system. My workload is heavier than it's ever been so no let up for me. I have a longish commute normally but always did 2 days per week home working before this all kicked off.
Missus is at the back end of her maternity leave but still up in the air on whether she can return to work right away as the council department she works for have all been told to WFH and a lot of her projects have been mothballed anyway. The normal return to work process is not possible so god knows how it's going to play out. She isn't earning from next month so something has to give...
The work stuff aside, the whole situation is thoroughly depressing...

Can't wait for things to get back to normal...if they ever can :(

I'm an 80%er, 20% of my wages goes on commuting & going out so breaking even without having to work. Live alone & not a fan of people so the last few weeks have been spot on.

Not really - we got the letter yesterday from the NHS saying our son needs to be shielded - I've been helping my mate with his business and I was hoping to help the NHS as a volunteer.....That's gone now so I'm pretty much stuck at home for the foreseeable (other than my getting out early on my bike).

Still, we're all alive, safe and healthy and we should be grateful for that.

No it's a living nightmare. Apart from the obvious illness and deaths I took redundancy before it all went lockdown, can't get another job that I want, my house is a building site because I am having a new kitchen fitted, again this was organised 6 weeks ago. I've spent a small fortune on eating takeaways while we were without a kitchen. My boiler fucked up. I can't get the materials to do other jobs like the fence. The paint is taking ages to get delivered so I can't paint (should have went to b an m). I'm drinking every other day and I'm spending another small fortune on online shopping. I'm doing nowhere near the exercise I'm used to and I'm stuck on my phone all day, hunting for jobs and looking at shite on fb and YouTube.

So no absolutely not enjoying it however being with the kids 24/7 is class, just not when we are locked down. Fuck the virus

I’m enjoying getting started at 7:30 (I’ve been aiming to start at 7 but since the clocks changed I’ve been struggling), finishing at 3:30 and actually being able to spend more time with the kids during the week than just getting their tea and getting ready for bed.

However it’s year end accounts time - this week and next week are the calm before the storm for us.I suspect when we get close to deadlines I’ll have to just stick the kids in front of YouTube for 10hrs a day.

I've always been able to work from home, but generally always went into the office, thinking I get more done.
I'm now into a decent routine work wise and certainly see myself, when things return to normal,wfh more often.

Do miss pubs however.

Back