Anyone Downloaded Their Facebook Data Yet ?

They have taken the contacts from my mobile phone. I don't think I have any of my work contacts on Facebook but I've got loads of people stored in my phone. I enter their name in the "first name" box and the company they work for under "surname" just so I know where they are calling from when the phone rings. They're all listed under my Facebook contacts with their names and company information, so they've definitely been taken from my phone.

I noticed they also have my Dad's old mobile number and he's never been on Facebook, so that must have been taken from my phone too.

About 180 mb unzipped.
Just under 2700 individual files, split across 75 folders.

Nothing in the slightest concerns me.
Everything has been of my own doing, apart from some of the "Ads" (advert) suggestions.

I don't see what the fuss is.

I'm not bothering to d/l mine.
As far as I'm concerned what you put into Facebook, you should expect is now shared property.
My security settings are up and I don't tend to share things without previously asking people if they want to be tagged in it or shared with them.

They have taken the contacts from my mobile phone. I don't think I have any of my work contacts on Facebook but I've got loads of people stored in my phone. I enter their name in the "first name" box and the company they work for under "surname" just so I know where they are calling from when the phone rings. They're all listed under my Facebook contacts with their names and company information, so they've definitely been taken from my phone.

I noticed they also have my Dad's old mobile number and he's never been on Facebook, so that must have been taken from my phone too.

Where are these stored under in the folders you've downloaded?

Just want to check that I haven't had my phone ripped, not that there's much I can do!

Where are these stored under in the folders you've downloaded?

Just want to check that I haven't had my phone ripped, not that there's much I can do!

I extrated the zip and clicked on the HTML index file.

Under contacts it has all the people on Facebook and the work ones from my phone are jumbled among them. There are some people I only have contact with on Facebook like old school friends. I can see their phone numbers and email addresses on there even though they've not shared them with me.

I extrated the zip and clicked on the HTML index file.

Under contacts it has all the people on Facebook and the work ones from my phone are jumbled among them. There are some people I only have contact with on Facebook like old school friends. I can see their phone numbers and email addresses on there even though they've not shared them with me.
Ok thanks.

All I get is a list of "friends" (removed, declined, pending etc) along with dates. Cheers.

Edit - that's under the "Friends" link. I have no link for Contacts. My "Contact Info" link goes to a blank page.
Zuckerberg can kiss it.

If one considers for a moment the colossal cost of hosting Facebook, all those servers and what have you, yet to have a Facebook profile and account are free, how exactly do people think it's funded ? How has Zuckerberg ended up with all the money ? Its obvious to me, but seems to have come as a shock to some

If one considers for a moment the colossal cost of hosting Facebook, all those servers and what have you, yet to have a Facebook profile and account are free, how exactly do people think it's funded ? How has Zuckerberg ended up with all the money ? Its obvious to me, but seems to have come as a shock to some
Especially when they tell you they're going to do it when you install it but people must just click yes regardless

I downloaded mine.

Although I've never given them permission to my contacts, they have a full list of every number on my phone.
Imagine falling out with some company on Facebook and then finding that they know your Doctor, Dentist, Mam/Dad, Bank etc

Plus everything you've liked, followed, unfollowed, blocked etc

Imagine they find out how often you look through the holiday photos of the barmaid down he local ... that ... my ...er ... friend does.

When you set up your phone it asked you, did you want to synch your contacts. If you said, yes, then that’s how you have all of those numbers. Rather than railing at Facebook perhaps it might be better to advise your friends to not put their phone number on Facebook and you don’t synch your contacts.

Nothing at all there for me to be excited about. No contact details from my phone. 11 years of status updates. Three people haven't responded to my friend requests or declined them, I've unfriended three people (two ex school mates who I've not seen in 30 years+ who started posting Britain First type bollocks and one former work colleague who went a bit off the rails when a couple of mutual friends became a couple and started doing some sort of weird passive aggressive stalker/harrassment/accusatory thing. There's a long story to the last one.)

If you want a laugh, see what Facebook thinks it knows about you. See link below.

Mine thought I was into proffesional horticulture and listed my hobbies as 'freight transport' :lol:

Neither is true btw...

Just had a look at that. Based on my interests etc on there, they don’t have the first f***ing clue about me. :lol:

Gan on then, what does it think you like? Can't be worse than bloody horticulture and HGVs for a hobby.
It can mate.

I’m a Villa fan and one of my hobbies is “basement” (accompanied with a random picture of someone’s basement) presumably down to the fact I’ve frequented a bar called Basement in the town.

With Jet Engines and Thermal insulation thrown into the mix. :lol:

It can mate.

I’m a Villa fan and one of my hobbies is “basement” (accompanied with a random picture of someone’s basement) presumably down to the fact I’ve frequented a bar called Basement in the town.

With Jet Engines and Thermal insulation thrown into the mix. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Often go down the club and talk about Thermal insulation with my mates.

Back