Anyone doing the Yorkshire Marathon in October?

How did it go? Managed 19 on Saturday and struggled last few miles. 26 still seems a monumental task. Do you use any energy gels for your long runs?
Once I got past 18 miles in my last marathon the feeling in the legs had gone and the last 8 I just ran and concentrated on 1 foot in front of the other, never lost any pace at all, 26m is a canny way but just try not to think about it at all, our I just break it down to 4x10k and then a little extra to bring up the marathon distance

How did it go? Managed 19 on Saturday and struggled last few miles. 26 still seems a monumental task. Do you use any energy gels for your long runs?
Hard work at the end though a race atmosphere will get you around.
Been trying out long run refueling. Don’t get on with gels and tried a haribo every mile, that didn’t work out. Might try Chia Charge mini flapjacks next . Everyone is different.

Been trying out long run refueling. Don’t get on with gels and tried a haribo every mile, that didn’t work out. Might try Chia Charge mini flapjacks next . Everyone is different.

I'll look them up thanks. I do really struggle eating anything and the my body seems to take in those SIS hydrate gels as water so I think I'll stick with those for this weekend's 22. The race atmosphere at the GNR really screwed me last weekend, went off far too fast. Going to stick my earphones in and be very unsociable in York! What time are you aiming for?

I'll look them up thanks. I do really struggle eating anything and the my body seems to take in those SIS hydrate gels as water so I think I'll stick with those for this weekend's 22. The race atmosphere at the GNR really screwed me last weekend, went off far too fast. Going to stick my earphones in and be very unsociable in York! What time are you aiming for?
I was about to post make sure you pace the marathon correctly, I ran nearly every mile the same pace and never really felt to bad at any point, even the last miles when it was 1 foot infront of the other there was never any chance I would not finish, it felt slow the 1st HM of the run, but I was more than happy I stuck to my pace and never went of fast our even tried to think oh im fine I will speed up.

Midget gems for me, I only put 1 per mile in my pocket as its more a mental thing I think for me as I don't usually drink our take any gels on runs I do

bag of jelly babys, midget gems were too chewy!! or just cut some flapjacks up and carry them somehow. these gels and that are bollix imho for normal athletes.

My time will be 3'59 to 4'15 range.

bag of jelly babys, midget gems were too chewy!! or just cut some flapjacks up and carry them somehow. these gels and that are bollix imho for normal athletes.

I'll be wearing a Race Vest so pockets for flapjacks, Ipod, Ibuprofen etc.

Back