Anyone do anything constructive

Today instead of going to the match....
I stripped the tiles off the bathroom.

I constructed a wardrobe. It was an absolute f***ing nightmare. The wife (no) tried to help but NOWT fitted first time and it needed the strength of 10 men to manhandle the fucker till it did. That and a trip to the tip and a dental appointment that cost me 250 f***ing quid was my day. No sunshine. No barbecue.

About 7pm I looked at the football scores. Commented on the Hull score. Then scrolled down ...and said nothing more.

I care a whooooole lot less than I thought I would. And I'm pleased and relieved about that. Ive come to realise that are more important things in life than permitting a bunch of overpaid children to influence and validate it. I may just have grown up rather than simply lost interest.

Flat pack furniture upsets me a lot more these days.

I constructed a wardrobe. It was an absolute f***ing nightmare. The wife (no) tried to help but NOWT fitted first time and it needed the strength of 10 men to manhandle the fucker till it did. That and a trip to the tip and a dental appointment that cost me 250 f***ing quid was my day. No sunshine. No barbecue.

About 7pm I looked at the football scores. Commented on the Hull score. Then scrolled down ...and said nothing more.

I care a whooooole lot less than I thought I would. And I'm pleased and relieved about that. Ive come to realise that are more important things in life than permitting a bunch of overpaid children to influence and validate it. I may just have grown up rather than simply lost interest.

Flat pack furniture upsets me a lot more these days.

Aye, I remember putting up a flat pack IKEA desk in my office years ago - took me a full day to complete and found one of the screw holes hadn’t been drilled by the bastards.

Did a dummy run with my new tent in the garden . Saves looking a prat on site . Went up smashing . Plus cricket has started so I went for a walk around lapping in the sun .

Had a rare Saturday off work and lazed around in the sun then went to a non-league game. It was canny, seven goals, two red cards, a controversial penalty, awful defensive errors, and one side throwing away a lead. Just like gannin to a Sunderland game. Well, the awful defence and throwing the game away bit, at least.

I spent a couple hours playing Horizon Zero Dawn when I got home from the match.

Took my annoyance and frustration out on any machine or bandit that crossed my path. No objective in mind, simply walked in a straight line and took on anything that came towards me..... worked pretty well until I took on a Thunderjaw :confused:

Yes very sad I know.

Went for a walk around Mere Sands Wood and over to Martin Mere. Bit of gardening. Invoicing and accounts up to date and made a hotspot.

Was wanting to jet wash the yard, take my mind off the footy, but a clip on the hose broke. Waited until after the match traffic, went to buy another attachment and got the wrong size.

Day two, went back to buy another and they didn't have the right size. "Fuck this, I'm not getting another cheap one", so bought a new one in a reel and that, £30, got home and it started chucking it down. Went to see my Nana instead and she said she had the exact same hose spare in the shed.

Didn't feel like I achieved a great deal this weekend.

Was wanting to jet wash the yard, take my mind off the footy, but a clip on the hose broke. Waited until after the match traffic, went to buy another attachment and got the wrong size.

Day two, went back to buy another and they didn't have the right size. "Fuck this, I'm not getting another cheap one", so bought a new one in a reel and that, £30, got home and it started chucking it down. Went to see my Nana instead and she said she had the exact same hose spare in the shed.

Didn't feel like I achieved a great deal this weekend.

Like a streets tune that post!:lol:

Back