Anyone currently positive?

Been seen by an emergency GP. It's cellulitis.

She said it can be triggered as a secondary infection after a viral infection so yes it could have been because of the covid but in the same way as I could have developed it after flu or any other viral infection, so not a covid specific thing.

I'm on a course of antibiotics and steroid cream and hopefully that will clear it up but I have to go back urgently if it gets much worse, spreads further or I get symptoms of sepsis.
That’s nasty shit that mind becs, look after yourself.

One of my team was hospitalised with it over Xmas a year or two ago

Mrs TKR is currently positive. Mr TKR Junior has also had it. On both occasions they were coughing and spluttering all around me. I’ve never got it. Ive had all my mandated jabs.
I have a job where I deal with members of the public all the time, most of whom have also undoubtedly had it so I’ve had plenty of opportunities to catch it.
Whilst I have no imperial evidence to back this up I reckon some of us (me) could just be predisposed not to get it.

Aye, me. Avoided it for the best part of three years, mainly by not mixing with people indoors.

Me Mam went on holiday to Scotland about 10 days ago and fell down and broke her wrist. When I picked her up she had the early symptoms, sore throat, a bit of a cough and so on. I've been taking care of her and been up close: helping her eat, giving her paracetamol for the pain and the like. Me Mam started to develop that classic covid cough but she hurt her face and nose when she fell down so I couldn't stick something up her nose to test her.

I had no symptoms whatsoever and just woke up one morning with a splitting headache just above my eyes, a gnawing ache in my bones from my waist to my knees, a bit of a temperature and just felt like I wanted to get into bed all day. Didn't have much appetite that day, but I forced food down. After that day, nothing, apart from it feels like I had a shite curry the night before. No issues with breathing, taste, chest, cough or anything.

Tested both of us and both positive.

On reflection, I probably had it back in March 2020. It was similar for me in that I was shite for a day with something unusual and not much after that.

Has anyone had skin issues post covid? I had swollen ankles and a faint rash on them, kind of like what you get when you're mildly allergic to something.

Noticed when I got undressed last night that my right ankle now has a dark red angry looking rash that is itchy and feels slightly warm. Not sure if it's covid related or something else.
Hiw long ago did you have covid Becs? The wife now gets random swollen ankles, then they go back to normal and then swell up again. I've heard swollen ankles mentioned before but you just don't know what's what.

Hiw long ago did you have covid Becs? The wife now gets random swollen ankles, then they go back to normal and then swell up again. I've heard swollen ankles mentioned before but you just don't know what's what.

A couple of months ago. I've never felt well since. Got a persistent post nasal drip, a cough, feel exhausted all the time, all my joints ache and my feet and ankles keep swelling so my socks and shoes feel tight.

A couple of months ago. I've never felt well since. Got a persistent post nasal drip, a cough, feel exhausted all the time, all my joints ache and my feet and ankles keep swelling so my socks and shoes feel tight.
Hope you feel better soon, Becs.

Me and my Mrs had it for the first time in May this year. She had light cold symptoms for a few days where I had more flu like symptoms for about 10 days. Bizarrely since getting over it, she has started snoring on a night. In the 10 years we've been together she's never snored and we were wondering if her having Covid is the cause?

Hope you feel better soon, Becs.

Me and my Mrs had it for the first time in May this year. She had light cold symptoms for a few days where I had more flu like symptoms for about 10 days. Bizarrely since getting over it, she has started snoring on a night. In the 10 years we've been together she's never snored and we were wondering if her having Covid is the cause?

Not sure about snoring as I snored anyway ☺️

Three years of keeping safe, avoiding crowds, wearing masks, assiduous hand washing etc - and we take an isolated highland cottage holiday. I’m guessing it was the brief shopping trip to the Co-op in Portree (bizarrely, the nearest big shop to where we were staying, although we weren’t on Skye) and we got covid.

The drive back to Yorkshire was horrendous.

Feel shit. But not as bad as the missus.

Change of season always knacks my immune system and I'm not on about football. Did a face-fit test for breathing apparatus on Friday and on Saturday my face resembled a melted welly, my AD&D mad eldest son says I look like Jubilex.

Longwinded but I was with someone who was with someone with covid at the weekend. I’ve noticed a weird rotten taste every so often over the past couple of days (I assure you it’s not my breath :lol:) and was wondering if this is a symptom? I should just do a test like

This is interesting.

Hopefully an isolated case and not a super spreader event :eek:
I had two years of being Covid free living in New Zealand and Australia😁
Visited the UK in June..... caught Covid 🤒 ..... thanks to no one wearing masks .....c**ts 🇬🇧

Came home gave it to my family.... all of us multiple jabbed.... isolated for 7 days, all of us hardly sick at all though 😊
Fully clear and well after the 7 days.

Had my 4th jab (2nd booster) this week .... love owt for nowt 😉 *

* I'm nearly 70 as well👴

Last edited:
I tested positive yesterday as I was due in office today. Thought I had the flu and blamed my aches on being out two nights running.

What’s the crack these days are people still isolating?

Do people still test?
Yes. I had it a month ago, and didn’t pass it on to my CEV mrs or elderly parent. Cos I tested and isolated from them.
I tested positive yesterday as I was due in office today. Thought I had the flu and blamed my aches on being out two nights running.

What’s the crack these days are people still isolating?
You don’t legally have to. As i said earlier I isolated from the mrs as she’s CEV.

TBH first few days I could do nothing but isolate, I was that fucked with it

Last edited:
Felt awful for a couple of days. Can't sleep, appetite loss. Rasping cough.

Just done the test - its positive!!!!!

How long should I isolate?

Back