Anyone currently positive?

MONTYMCPHAIL

Striker
How many days in are you and how are you feeling? I'm about 6 in and still have a headache, sore throat n runny nose. Thought these symptoms were supposed to clear after 4 or 5 days?

Three days. Runny nose, sore throat, cough and bringing up phlegm.

Each morning I wake up feeling 100% but deteriorate as the day goes on.

Odd thing is my appetite has gone through the roof and I’m sleeping like a baby.

Tested positive Thursday. Feel absolutely fine to be honest. Had a bit of a cold but even that’s starting to go. Had the worse symptoms Tuesday and Wednesday (cough and bit of a temperature) but was testing negative then

I'm negative now (tested positive on 4th, and was positive until 13th), but symptoms came and went throughout that period. Some days I'd be fine, then I'd relapse. Even now that I'm negative, my sniffles and cough have come back in the last day or two.

The wife hasn’t caught it and I’m currently on my second bout. She sees patients face to face so tests regularly as well.
How are you doing? She's tired with a rank cough. Currently a kip next to me her snoring sounds like an orgy of pigs and I need to be up in 5 hours. :rolleyes:

Day 2. Feel crappy but just woke up. 5 year old daughter has it too. My wife doesn’t as of last test. New rules says she has to go to work.

One other thing. Why does a positive LFT no longer require a further test? How do they keep track of potential new variants? Also relying on the public to report positives is going to mess with the stats??

Edit **just read the other thread 👍

Last edited:
I'm negative now (tested positive on 4th, and was positive until 13th), but symptoms came and went throughout that period. Some days I'd be fine, then I'd relapse. Even now that I'm negative, my sniffles and cough have come back in the last day or two.

Seems like the up and down is a consistent thing. Weird how you can feel like there’s nothing wrong and then it hits you again. Sometimes it was hourly for me

Day 8 and still positive here

Whole rest of my family had it over new year. I’ve got the same symptoms and have had them since NYE but every test I’ve completed (both PCR and LFT) show negative every time. Find it hard to believe that I haven’t had it but tests before to differ. Chest related symptoms still around now but I’ve got a history of struggling to shift chest problems and simple colds loitering on my chest for months

I'm at day 9. Treble vaxed and fine.

Started with a sore throat and went downhill days 2 and 3 and felt rough but got slowly better each day from day 4 onwards.

Definitely felt worse in the morning and better in afternoons. 2 paracetamol and a ibuprofen worked wonders.

Have managed to work from home every day so that's another indication I couldn't of been that bad.

Still positive LFT today.

Last edited:
Day 7 here. Feel absolutely fine, as do my 2 small kids. My wife had a dodgy couple of days, but is over the worst of it.

I had a cough 2 Saturdays ago, took an antigen test & came back negative. Cough disappeared more or less straight away. My Mrs came home from work last Monday not feeling 100% so took a test & was positive. I did one then again & it was positive. Strange that it was negative when I had the cough, but positive when the cough was gone. If she didn't do her test, I'd have been walking around all week with it & not have had a clue.

Out of isolation tomorrow, thank Christ.

Caught it in Italy when I was over there on holiday last week. Started last Thursday but no Covid symptoms, more heavy cold like. Took a LFT on Sunday when I got home and it was positive. Needed to do PCR as I had come in from abroad. So this is around day 5 since symptoms started and I still feel exactly the same. Still no "classic" Covid symptoms. Wife is making me live in 2 rooms upstairs as she was not on holiday with me and is miffed that I have brought it home especially with her being a volunteer at the local COVID vaccination centre

So please the fit to fly home tests were dropped otherwise I would be in isolation in a room in Italy right now at my own expense

Day 5 now and feeling much better. Very tired though and a bit achey. Lower back ache towards the start wasnt pleasant. Looking around and thats supposedly a common thing at the moment. Reckon without my jabs this would have been much worse
Caught it in Italy when I was over there on holiday last week. Started last Thursday but no Covid symptoms, more heavy cold like. Took a LFT on Sunday when I got home and it was positive. Needed to do PCR as I had come in from abroad. So this is around day 5 since symptoms started and I still feel exactly the same. Still no "classic" Covid symptoms. Wife is making me live in 2 rooms upstairs as she was not on holiday with me and is miffed that I have brought it home especially with her being a volunteer at the local COVID vaccination centre

So please the fit to fly home tests were dropped otherwise I would be in isolation in a room in Italy right now at my own expense

At least you caught yours somewhere decent. I reckon I got mine whislt watching Chris Maguire score a hattrick against us last week. :lol:
Three days. Runny nose, sore throat, cough and bringing up phlegm.

Each morning I wake up feeling 100% but deteriorate as the day goes on.

Odd thing is my appetite has gone through the roof and I’m sleeping like a baby.

Same here, but that could be boredom.

Last edited:
Day 5 now and feeling much better. Very tired though and a bit achey. Lower back ache towards the start wasnt pleasant. Looking around and thats supposedly a common thing at the moment. Reckon without my jabs this would have been much worse

At least you caught yours somewhere decent. I reckon I got mine whislt watching Chris Maguire score a hattrick against us last week. :lol:

Same here, but that could be boredom.

Could be! Read yesterday your body can sometimes shout our for additional calories when fighting a virus.

Back