Anyone currently positive?

Looks like it's finally caught up with me after three years. I'd been into my neighbours after the owld lad had had a fall and couldn't get up. Roll on two days and I started coughing on the afternoon and then running a temperature during the evening. At this point I just thought that it was just another chest infection. I woke up on thursday morning with a splitting headache, which abated after a few hours. Then I got a call from the neighbour's missus informing me that he's tested positive and then a few hours later my arms and legs started to ache, which made me realise that it wasn't a chest infection. Got another call from his missus again soon after to tell me that she'd tested positive.

If I don't make it, will you light a candle for me once a year to remember me @SAFCOldie ?

Looks like it's finally caught up with me after three years. I'd been into my neighbours after the owld lad had had a fall and couldn't get up. Roll on two days and I started coughing on the afternoon and then running a temperature during the evening. At this point I just thought that it was just another chest infection. I woke up on thursday morning with a splitting headache, which abated after a few hours. Then I got a call from the neighbour's missus informing me that he's tested positive and then a few hours later my arms and legs started to ache, which made me realise that it wasn't a chest infection. Got another call from his missus again soon after to tell me that she'd tested positive.

If I don't make it, will you light a candle for me once a year to remember me @SAFCOldie ?
Sounds like the common flu to me

Hope you get well soon. No matter what our politicians may say Covid hasn't gone away yet.
It definitely hasn't, just back from a long weekend in London in which we flew down and back from Newcastle, so had lots of close contact with loads of people. Fully jabbed up and first positive test, felt like shit last night, shivering and aching in bed. We still have some Covid tests left, did one and hey presto, 2 solid lines.

Had a bloke at work go for a cruise in Feb. It had been postponed since 2020.

Came back with covid, two weeks off. Turned into pneumonia, two months off.

He’s now got a hernia from coughing so much with pneumonia and he can hardly walk anywhere. Waiting for an op now. Back at work but mainly wfh as he tires very easily with exercise.

Covid is still serious.

Had a bloke at work go for a cruise in Feb. It had been postponed since 2020.

Came back with covid, two weeks off. Turned into pneumonia, two months off.

He’s now got a hernia from coughing so much with pneumonia and he can hardly walk anywhere. Waiting for an op now. Back at work but mainly wfh as he tires very easily with exercise.

Covid is still serious.
That'll teach him not to go on a cruise. The ships ventilations systems are designed to spread infections.

Hope you get well soon. No matter what our politicians may say Covid hasn't gone away yet.
It never will, but hopefully treatments will improve meaning it’s less serious, though that’s no great comfort if suffering. Remarkably I’ve never had it though family has and had a few colleagues lately who’ve been really affected by it.
That'll teach him not to go on a cruise. The ships ventilations systems are designed to spread infections.
it used to be regularly on the news about outbreaks of legionnaires disease on board cruise ships. Horrendous.

it used to be regularly on the news about outbreaks of legionnaires disease on board cruise ships. Horrendous.
One of the things we dreaded when I was a seafarer was coming to UK/Cont from the tropics in winter, you could guarantee one new joiner would have a cold and within a few days we would all have it.

It's just wave upon wave of shit, taste gone now, head banging, joints are f*cked

I had it recently so probably the same variant and I was like that for a couple of days at the start. Headache stopped first, then the aching joints. Taste only went odd for a day or two. The cough came later and I am still suffering a little bit from that, but generally feel fine.

Positive tests lasted 11 days after the first one for me.

I had it recently so probably the same variant and I was like that for a couple of days at the start. Headache stopped first, then the aching joints. Taste only went odd for a day or two. The cough came later and I am still suffering a little bit from that, but generally feel fine.

Positive tests lasted 11 days after the first one for me.
Was out with the Mrs last Monday felt fine but we drank loads of alcohol so thought it was a really bad hangover the next day. Did my first test on Thursday and been doing one each day, can believe how fast the 2 red lines show on the test. I felt not too bad when I got up today, then just after breakfast the wave hit, again feeling a bit better now but waiting for the next bump in the road, glad you are over it.
Mrs tested positive this morning, that will teach us to go away for a long weekend to London

Last edited:

Back