Anyone buy TV guide magazines such as Radio Times, little tip for you

Katylala

Midfield
When I was a newsagent in late 70s early 80s worked from a shop In thorny and we used to deliver 250 radio and 200 tv times every week just in thorny close I doubt if the sell that many in the whole of sunderland these days ,different times!

Big Jeff

Midfield
Its easier to see the whole list if you have a printed copy than scrolling through on line.

I do the same as Becs - go through the week and tape stuff.

I’m not changing.

Ghfd

Winger
Its easier to see the whole list if you have a printed copy than scrolling through on line.

I do the same as Becs - go through the week and tape stuff.

I’m not changing.
I do this every week. Orange marker to highlight all that we need to either download after or record live

Churchlanelad

Central Defender
So you know what's coming up on the Tele.
When I was a lad getting the Radio Tmes and the TV Times, formerly the Viewer, was a must. They were cheap to buy and the only way to get info on upcoming shows.
There was only two channels then, we couldn't afford a BBC2 aerial and no EPG to tell you when the Saint or Armchair Theatre started.
I think I watched more TV then. More than I do now with hundreds of channels to choose from today. Either TV has changed over the years detrimentaly, or my tastes have changed so I don't like what's on offer today
“Don’t be late for Channel 8, make sure you get The Viewer”

Ghfd

Winger
Last edited:

Ghfd

Winger
I meant all the people buying a magazine to tell them what's on the telly, in 2020.
It’s a tradion for some to buy the christmas mag and mark down shows they want to watch live or later recorded. Might be an age thing but a lot still do this. This is just an offer for 6 mags for a £1. Saves a £20 on cover price. Might help some

heroesof73

Striker