Anyone bothered?

Can see why he wasn’t there risked but to echo a comment earlier in the thread, should we stop Simms and Stewart from training incase they get a knock??
No. They need to train. They don’t need to play in games that don’t matter.

Even after everything AN has done on such a short space of time people can’t just trust that he knows what he’s doing. Our support drive me mental at times.

Even after everything AN has done on such a short space of time people can’t just trust that he knows what he’s doing. Our support drive me mental at times.
He knows what he is doing. Of that I trust 100%. As much chance getting injured In training though. Simms has only had 90 mins football.

What is the f***ing point of supporting us, if we are not in the f***ing competitions man. You can't f***ing support a team that's not f***ing playing man.

Go and cheer and chant at the training ground when they are allowed to play, bless them. ffs.

Last edited:
What is the f***ing point of supporting us, if we are not in the f***ing competitions man. You can't f***ing support a team that's not f***ing playing man.

Go and cheer and chant at the training ground when they are allowed to play, bless them. ffs.
Our fans don’t seem to be able to handle it when we lose cup games though and it’s puts undue pressure on. We are own worst enemies at times.

We did enter the competition: we lost, it happens.

Our fans don’t seem to be able to handle it when we lose cup games though and it’s puts undue pressure on. We are own worst enemies at times.

We did enter the competition: we lost, it happens.
I can deal with losing marra. Part and parcel of being a Sunderland fan.
I can't deal with shit like tonight.
If we had gone toe to toe with a strong side out, and lost, then fuck it. We gave it a go.
But we should have just stayed at home and not even entered the competition if that is the way we are going to disrespect it mate.

If we had gone toe to toe with a strong side out, and lost, then fuck it. We gave it a go.
But we should have just stayed at home and not even entered the competition if that is the way we are going to disrespect it mate.
Just ignore the fact SW lost two key players tonight by “giving it a go”.

If we lost our striker for a significant spell and ended up back in league one I would be livid that we played them in a meaningless game.

THIS 👆👆 100% THIS

I wasn’t even too bothered about 10 of the 11 BUT when you don’t play one striker it’s embarrassing.

If we lost our striker for a significant spell and ended up back in league one I would be livid that we played them in a meaningless game.
Who?? Gregory hasn’t been starting this season.

Steady on mate, that training malarkey sounds a bit risky, someone could get injured. Best give it a miss imo.

I'm always bothered when we lose.

And I have to question our 'fans' who don't care about cup competitions.

Like I said on the other thread- we pat ourselves on the back about 1973, and it's mythical status... then 'not bothered' about a Cup competition?

Don't trot out the 'it's only the league cup' bollox. We might as well say 'it's only the Championship', therefore the only thing that matters is the Prem- in which case, I guess the real trophy to aim at is m.o.n.e.y.

I cannot believe people typing 'I didn't even check the score' and other bullshit.

Anytime someone pulls on that shirt I'm wanting a result, and I want them to earn the honour.

Fancy playing for us then reading on here so called fans saying 'I didn't even check the score', 'I'm not bothered'.

Football's changed though. The cup was more glamorous than the league back then. I couldn't care less we're out tbh.

If it's f***ing meaningless, don't enter the competition.
It wasn't meaningless at Old Trafford when we won, or 85 when I got to see us lose at Wembley.

Football's changed though. The cup was more glamorous than the league back then. I couldn't care less we're out tbh.

Footballs changed though.

Ok.

So it's no longer important that the team that you follow, either wins or loses in a cup.

Success this year is mid table 2nd Division/Championship place, and fuck the cups because they are less glamorous than 12th place in the 2nd tier league

f***ing hell mate, you're not wrong about it changing.

You are welcome to your version marra. I'll hope and pray that my version prevails mate.

Couldn't give a fuck about the result, we've had our fair share of adventures in the league cup in recent history.

Bit more pissed off/concerned about the poor showing from the fringe players though. You'd have thought they'd want to grab the first team start with both hands to try and make an impression for the league games but not one of them has done that tonight.
Footballs changed though.

Ok.

So it's no longer important that the team that you follow, either wins or loses in a cup.

Success this year is mid table 2nd Division/Championship place, and fuck the cups because they are less glamorous than 12th place in the 2nd tier league

f***ing hell mate, you're not wrong about it changing.

You are welcome to your version marra. I'll hope and pray that my version prevails mate.

It's not like we've not had any decent runs in that competition over the last few years though. Of course it would be mint to win it or to even get to Wembley (again) but realistically it's not gonna happen and if one of our first teamers was to get injured in the early rounds of any competition, which would then totally fuck up our league chances, then I'd be much more pissed off.

Last edited:
Kinda bothered at the performance after travelling down on a Wednesday when it's on tele but otherwise the main focus is the league so no other distractions until November/December whenever fa cup starts

Couldn't give a fuck about the result, we've had our fair share of adventures in the league cup in recent history.

Bit more pissed off/concerned about the poor showing from the fringe players though. You'd have thought they'd want to grab the first team start with both hands to try and make an impression for the league games but not one of them has done that tonight.

It's not like we've not had any decent runs in that competition over the last few years though. Of course it would be mint to win it or to even get to Wembley (again) but realistically it's not gonna happen and if one of our first teamers was to get injured in the early rounds of any competition, which would then totally fuck up our league chances, then I'd be much more pissed off.
By ‘league chances’ do you mean winning the league?? Or staying up? Or securing 12th place?

By ‘league chances’ do you mean winning the league?? Or staying up? Or securing 12th place?

Aye, bit misleading there soz. Clearly I don't think we're gonna win the league but I don't see why we shouldn't be competing to finish top six. It's such an open league this season IMO so any team that can put a bit of a run together will have an outside chance of the play offs.

If we got any of our main players injured in the opening rounds of the cup competitions then that would almost definitely be that, though.

Back