Anyone been to a Marseille game?

Big Toe

Midfield
I don’t know if this has been discussed in other threads but I couldn’t find anything.

Has anyone been to the Velodrome for a Marseille game? A few will have been for the Euros but for a Marseille game are there any features at their games, or possible French football, that you’d like to see KLD bring to the SOL?

I had a season ticket in the season they won the Champions League.

I was with the Ultras in Virage Sud, it was fantastic. They used to run out (from an underground tunnel) to Jump by Van Halen, which seemed cool in the early 90’s.

The contrast to Roker Park for me as a 17 year old has huge. It was sunny and warm for most matches (there was no roof on the stand at the time) and OM won virtually every game! Although it later transpired the chairman had been bribing the opposition.

I’ve just realised with was before KLD was born, making me feel very old!

Sadly not, had a hotel booked for October 27th last year for Man City's CL game, but Covid put paid to that.

Would've been good to tick that stadium off. Nearly went back in 98' for the WC game v Tunisia. Glad I didn't as a couple of mates got attacked after the game, 1 of them stabbed.

I've not been to see Marseille. My team (when I lived in France) was Tours FC and I saw them play against Clermont-Ferrand, Monaco and another team I can't remember.

Back