Anyone been back to the gym?

Can people see gyms, swimming baths etc going back to normal operating practices on June 21st if the data allows? As much as I can totally understand why measures are in place now they can be a pain. At everyone active, sessions begin on the hour, only 50 minutes a session. Particular swimming can be a nightmare to get booked in, only a few windows on a weekend with very limited numbers if I want to take the youngun where as pre covid you could get to one anytime you liked really. Impossible if your not a member to get into the 'fun' baths at South Shields or Whitley Bay. Hopefully by July its just back to pre covid days where you could turn up when and where you liked

Can people see gyms, swimming baths etc going back to normal operating practices on June 21st if the data allows? As much as I can totally understand why measures are in place now they can be a pain. At everyone active, sessions begin on the hour, only 50 minutes a session. Particular swimming can be a nightmare to get booked in, only a few windows on a weekend with very limited numbers if I want to take the youngun where as pre covid you could get to one anytime you liked really. Impossible if your not a member to get into the 'fun' baths at South Shields or Whitley Bay. Hopefully by July its just back to pre covid days where you could turn up when and where you liked
Hopefully
Our gym the weights room.has a capacity of 7.
Booked for 1 hr, 15 min inbetween sessions.
I go during the day and pre covd there was never more than 5 folk in (as there is another room with machines in which people go in to also)
Now its always booked fully! But cos some folk book it for 8.30-9.30 but turn up at 9 as they also book 9.45 -10.45 sessions and use that for 45 mins.
It's not very efficient

Hopefully
Our gym the weights room.has a capacity of 7.
Booked for 1 hr, 15 min inbetween sessions.
I go during the day and pre covd there was never more than 5 folk in (as there is another room with machines in which people go in to also)
Now its always booked fully! But cos some folk book it for 8.30-9.30 but turn up at 9 as they also book 9.45 -10.45 sessions and use that for 45 mins.
It's not very efficient
It’s been really quiet at the gym that I attend.

There is an app that shows gym capacity and it rarely exceeds 40% whereas before lockdown it could reach 90% at peak times.

I prefer it now because it generally is not as busy. The people who really want to train will be there having booked in, but the people who might turn up on the spur of the moment and dick around getting in the way are unable to because they didnt book.

Just been on the app there. Shocked to find there are no places available for swimming at the Raich, Silky or Aquatic for the next week. Didn't look any further. Wanted to take the daughter at the weekend. Thats that plan out the window.
Gym has been fine otherwise.

Just been on the app there. Shocked to find there are no places available for swimming at the Raich, Silky or Aquatic for the next week. Didn't look any further. Wanted to take the daughter at the weekend. Thats that plan out the window.
Gym has been fine otherwise.

Ive been managing to get me and the youngun booked into Hetton on a weekend but its like trying to plan a military operation to get booked in the spaces go that quick

Buying my own gym for my bedroom was one of the best things I’ve ever done - no more waiting for the squat rack. switching it up between JD and my own gym - to be fair JD in Sunderland is an excellent gym and beats the arse off EA

Buying my own gym for my bedroom was one of the best things I’ve ever done - no more waiting for the squat rack. switching it up between JD and my own gym - to be fair JD in Sunderland is an excellent gym and beats the arse off EA
I couldn’t be chewed with that. Much cheaper to go to the gym, the equipment is someone else’s concern, there’s loads of it, there’s lasses arses to look at and psychologically locking that gym door behind me gets me in the zone.

What's the trick?
Do they appear to book at midnight or throughout the day?

The Hetton one refreshes at 10.15pm on a night. So if I want to book a session for next Sunday (16th May) I need to be booking at tonight at 10.15pm. . FWIW last week I was slightly late booking by about 30 minutes and there was 4 spaces left out of 20. Last night I was online 10.15 on the dot getting booked in for next Saturday and I had a chuckle at just how much my Friday nights have changed :lol:

Again FWIW I think different centers come on at different times so if you are looking to book Silksworth, Aquatic etc the booking pages refresh at different times

The Hetton one refreshes at 10.15pm on a night. So if I want to book a session for next Sunday (16th May) I need to be booking at tonight at 10.15pm. . FWIW last week I was slightly late booking by about 30 minutes and there was 4 spaces left out of 20. Last night I was online 10.15 on the dot getting booked in for next Saturday and I had a chuckle at just how much my Friday nights have changed :lol:

Again FWIW I think different centers come on at different times so if you are looking to book Silksworth, Aquatic etc the booking pages refresh at different times
Cheers, I'll give it a go.
I'll go to any of the everyone active ones apart from the aquatic, too cold for the bairn.

cracking gym is JD, i only do cardio in there as i train at golden leisure as well

Jd Newcastle 6:50 this morning. Stupidly busy. Packed in like sardines. Managed to do some bench press and walked out, absolutely fûckin mental.
I usually go between 8-10 and it’s been busy but manageable. Starting work early this morning so thought I’d get an early hour in for the day.
Going to give it this week and see what it’s like, if it’s still horrendous going to look for a new gym. It’s not nice to train when it’s that busy. Every piece of equipment/machinery taken. People hovering around waiting for bits of kit to be free. As soon as you leave a cable, it’s like hordes of locusts come swarming

Last edited:
Jd Newcastle 6:50 this morning. Stupidly busy. Packed in like sardines. Managed to do some bench press and walked out, absolutely fûckin mental.
I usually go between 8-10 and it’s been busy but manageable. Starting work early this morning so thought I’d get an early hour in for the day.
Going to give it this week and see what it’s like, if it’s still horrendous going to look for a new gym. It’s not nice to train when it’s that busy. Every piece of equipment/machinery taken. People hovering around waiting for bits of kit to be free. As soon as you leave a cable, it’s like hordes of locusts come swarming
Sounds like JD Washy every night between 5-8pm. I’m taking a long lunch today to go so I miss the rush. I’m finding that I’m splitting my shift for the gym though, going at half 2 some days and logging on for a couple of hours when I get back.
Still advertising for new members though.

can i ask , are spaces limited ? I go to gym at ashington leisure centre, allowed max of 36 in, you get an hour. about 25 in this morning ( 8.15 -9.15 ) earler session looks even less. Yesterday went at 11.30am and was about 12 in .

Back